Overall this hostel is very good. Very tidy rooms and a friendly and helpful staff. The hostel has an awesome location near Kloof Street and Long Street (but not on Long Street) and has a great view of Table Mountain in the background. Many pubs and good restaurants are within walking distance (cactus jacks,Simply Asia, Knead). The staff is young and energetic and willing to take you out on the town and organize numerous tours for you. Highly recommend a Shark Diving excursion and a Township tour while visiting Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Africa's original award-winning Fair Trade hostel and travel shop, with all the facilities you can expect from a hip, urban designer hostel. Private or Shared rooms offering superior comfort and quality, with shared or en-suite bathrooms, electronic safes and in-house ATM. FREE fibre WiFi through the hostel. Swim in the pool with a view of Table Mountain, meet like-minded international travelers in our buzzing Cafe or Bar. We offer a variety of rooms, ranging from 8- and 4-bed dorms, singles, twins and family rooms. The hostel has communal kitchen and dining facilities; lots of sociable and chill-out spots to relax in. A night on the town in Long Street, gorgeous Clifton and Camps Bay beaches, Table Mountain, Waterfront and the city centre is just a stone's throw away. Making a difference is more than just an initiative of The Backpack, it is the way we are, the way we work and the way we live. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Backpack reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Backpack Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Backpack Cape Town, South Africa