We stayed in Parker Cottage in Feb 09 and had a really great stay there. The B&B is furnished and decorated in the style of an English country home which is very homely and warm but also a little bit dark. Phil is a great host, breakfasts have been overwhelmingly good and he serves wine and nibbles a couple of times a week on the porch which is a great occasion to chat with the other guests and exchange stories and information. while there is no pool at the B&B, you can use the pool at the other B&Bs Phil runs which is not far away. Location wise, easy walks into the centre, if you have a car, this is a good base for exploring cape town and the surronds. Overall, it's a great place to stay and to chill out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa