I spent a lovely vacation weekend at Parker Cottage in the fall of 2010. Prior to arriving in Cape Town, my colleagues and I had spent a week in Johannesburg running conference. This was our first trip to South Africa, and were excited to have a few days off to decompress before heading back to NYC. We were exhausted when we arrived, and spent the next few days relaxing and recuperating,
Parker Cottage itself is beautiful. The rooms are charming and impeccably clean, and the common areas are the same. The food is delicious and plentiful, and the small touches made the stay very special. Our flight arrived very late, so Phil called me on my cell when I landed and offered to have food waiting for us when we arrived. They helped arrange a walking tour with a private guide on a Sunday (usually the guide's day off), recommended great restaurants, and allowed me to curl up for hours on their sunny front porch. Just what I needed after a crazy week of work.
Upon my recommendation, one of my work colleagues spent time at Parker Cottage last year, and loved it just as much as I did. And I just recommended it to another friend, who is heading to Cape Town in December. I hope to return again some day myself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa