This was a wonderful B&B in a good part of Cape Town, the people were so helpful and I can't believe how reasonable it is when I think about the service we had. Phil the proprietor was so very helpful with everything we wanted to do, one of the managers who name I forget checked us in and gave us a very helpful orientation to the city, taking into account our personalities and what we wanted to do, and put lunch/dinner recommendations on our map she gave us. Parker cottage also wrote and printed out some great day/half day walking/driving trips (we did a walking trip of the city and a driving trip of the peninsula). I suggest reading them thoroughly first, we got to the end of the driving trip and realized we should've done it the other way around because the time we got to the last place where we wanted to spend more time we had run out of time. The location is very good, easy walking to Kloof Street and Long Street. V&A waterfront is a cab drive but I didn't think it was all that special anyhow, pretty touristy. When they give you directions to the B&B: Rafiki's is a bar, not a street name. This thoroughly confused me when we were navigating to the B&B as I was looking at street signs not landmarks, but we found it nonetheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa