Parker Cottage has it all. Its got a great location, its comfortable, its reasonably priced, the breakfast is outstanding, the decor is beautiful and service on a level you are unlikely to find elsewhere.
Location: Parket Cottage is located on a quiet street in the Tamboerskloof district which is walking distance from much of the central part of Cape Town. Added bonus - there is plenty of street parking if you arrive by car.
The property: Beautiful colonial house which has been tastefully decorated by Liz to every details. There are comfortable indoor sitting areas as well as a fantastic outdoor courtyard for good weather.
The room: Our room was one of the smaller ones, but it was comfortable and very very attractive. We had absolutely everything we could need.
Breakfast: Delicious food, and fantastic service. The selection changes daily. My wife particularly enjoyed the French Toast and the fruit.
Service: But the one thing that stands out here is the personal attention of the two managers, and in particular - Phil. We arrived in Cape Town with only a general idea of what we wanted to see and do, but Phil quickly gave us advice and directions on how to make the most of our brief stay. His advice was perfect. Every stop, every restaurant was smack bang on the money. When we mentioned a little knick knack that my wife wanted to go out and look for, Phil offered to track it down for us and mail it to us in order to help us avoid wasting our precious sightseeing time. When we needed to check out early for a flight, they prepared for us a takeaway breakfast. They were always on hand, and always helpful. All of this attention mind you with several other guests all being equally demanding.
Cape Town is incredible, and I I can't wait to return. When I do, there is no way I would ever stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa