We stayed here in Feb for 4 nights. We stayed in the Hamra room (cosy room) which was beautifully decorated. Everyone at Parker Cottage was incredibly friendly and helpful from the minute we arrived, until we left. They were more than happy to make reservations and recommendations with anything that we needed. The bedding and room was clean ( I am extremely fussy when it comes to cleanliness ). The breakfasts were such an experience. Everything that we ate or drank was delightfully yummy :) It is situated in a perfect location. It's close enough to the stadium to walk home at night and to everything else situated in town. I don't have any negatives to say about the place, but rather just a comment which is a personal preference. It was quite hot in summer and even though we were supplied with a fan, aircon would've been nice. I understand though that Parker Cottage is all about saving the earth (which is great), so as I say this is just a personal opinion, rather than an actual negative.
Unfortunately on the second night and onwards, we also had a horrible smell coming out the drains of our bathroom. However unfortunate this was, Phil was aware of it and tried his best to fix what he could whilst we were still occupying the room. In saying this, we had a lovely stay at Parker Cottage and didn't let this minor issue detract from the rest of the awesomeness which was the Parker Cottage experience.
We will definitely go back to Parker Cottage in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa