“In the name of efficiency”
Review of Parker Cottage

Parker Cottage
Montreal, Canada
“In the name of efficiency”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My attending the Indaba Mining conference was organized at the last minute (shame ion me!). As a result my travel agent in Canada could not even find a hotel room in the city. I had no choice but to look for Guest House availability. This too was problematic. Fortunately, I landed at Parker Cottage. Liz, Phil and the staff looked after me as if I was a long lost relative! They organized my stay by looking after transportation, suggesting restaurant and wine shop enabling me to focus on my business. The healthy breakfasts allowed me to "run a marathon" every day while at the conference! The comfortable and clean rooms made me feel I was staying at a 5 star hotel. The modest price made my boss smile. I was even able to do some nice shopping at the nearby commercial street (5 minute walk from the Carsten street!). I could not have asked for more really! The team at Parker Cottage is fundamentally driven by the idea of satisfying their customers. It shows that they like welcoming you and ensuring that you appreciate your stay. They are there for you ! Thanks so much for helping make my stay in Cap Town a successful one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Loved the title of this review, Jean Marc! Yes, we did rather 'send you round the houses' to use a British expression during your stay, didn't we? We do try, thank you for noticing, to make things totally seamless here, and if that means sleeping in a new bed every night for five nights, in different buildings, well, that is what we do!

So pleased it all worked out. We'll see you with the family next time, right?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the Parker Cottage1 week in november on our trip in South Africa. The house and surrounding area offers a familiar and cozy impression despite its "small" size provides service which in many cases gives added value compared to the big hotel chains, and I have several times stayed at several hotels in the chain, Accor, Hilton, Pullman, Melia with several.

The service is personal, as well as constant contact candidates and issues we need help with something, etc. during your stay is superb. Since I work as a photographer was extra smooth that I had help with the booking of helicopter, also we got testimonials of seeing things around the cape town area.

The only thing I can see that some would possibly be lacking is well a pool but on the other hand, it is a matter of preference and not something I see as a negative.

Thank you for a very pleasant stay and would recommend paker Cottage to the fullest!

Stefan Mjellander SWEDEN

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Krugersdorp, South Africa
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff and owners are friendly, helpful and efficient. The accommodation is first class and the breakfast excellent. Thank you for the wine tasting - enjoyed the excellent wine and company. Location is ideally suited for my requirements.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
So nice to get such a glowing review from a local, Alwyn! Many thanks. We know that South Africans are a very discerning bunch (well, who wouldn't be with such an incredible range of good places to stay), so it's a huge compliment when we get it right for our fellow countrymen. We'll see you again soon.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It is rare to find so charming and peaceful a place so near to the heart of a major city. Over breakfast in the garden, it is easy to imagine oneself on a rural estate in the cape winelands, rather than tucked up the hill from Cape Town's busiest district. Phil, Liz and their coworkers are so very good-natured, knowledgeable and helpful that one quickly comes to feel at home amongst friends. How often does one hug their hosts when they leave a bed and breakfast? We're only sorry we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks so much Wyatt and Cathy, for picking up exactly the point of what we're trying to do here. Parker Cottage should feel a little like staying with a grandiose friend at their house in the country, only the major difference is that you're right in the heart of the City Bowl, Cape Town. Oh, and we hug EVERYONE who wants to be hugged at Parker Cottage! Glad you took us up on the offer :-)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Dear Phil and Liz,
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! The beautiful surroundings, your warm welcome and the wonderful staff was amazing to experience. We loved the room, the breakfast, and the placement of your guesthouse. Anyone looking for a unique and genuine experience should stay at Parker Cottage.
Greetings to Babalwa, Thandeka and Lexi!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks very much for saying thank you very much, Majken! We'll pass on your greetings to the ladies. Most kind of you to remember all their names.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice place situated in a residential area but with walking distance to the center. The hosts were extremely helpful in suggesting activities, restaurants etc and breakfast was really great. The "cosy" room is nice but quite small and the bed is a bit small to share.

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Dear Liz, when you said Phil had a "interesting take on hospitality" I was not so sure what you were referring to. At the end of our trip I knew just what you meant and how incredible a host Phil could be. For the first five days of our honeymoon you guys were the anchor of the incredible time Karishma and I had. All your recommendations were spot on and led us to to places beyond our expectations. Phil your help with the car situation was what kept our honeymoon going and you will be glad to know that we made it fine from that point till now - we re headed to Kruger tomm but cannot forget about Parker cottage and our time there. Thanks again for everything and we hope to see you again much sooner than we expect! Love and regards - Karishma & Aamir

• Stayed January 2013