Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$120
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$111
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$189
$121
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$166
$142
Radisson Blu
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$101
$93
  • Pool
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$274
$265
Hotels.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$87
$79
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$106
$90
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$210
$179
Priceline
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$786
$541
Cancelon
All reviewsgreat locationsister hotelwaterfront areafew minutes walkrobben islandbreakfast was includedtravel deskhop on hop off busturn down servicequiet locationstayed here for nightstravel agentstandard roomwater frontrooms are comfortablesmall poolsafe area
Reviewed September 15, 2017

We came to South Africa with a group. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and was so pleased to be able to have a return visit. The food, The Bar, the location to the waterfront was perfect. All of the staff at the hotel were superb. I would highly recommend this place for anyone going to the Cape.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard S
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later. Thank you for recommending our Hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Look, there's nothing wrong with this place, particularly if you've just undertaken back to back dawn and dusk safaris for two weeks. It's nice and clean, the reception staff are great (with the exception of the bar lady who demanded to know if I had "credit" before serving me. I was booked in and pre-paid for three days, she had my room number, but I must have a certain 60-year-old shiftiness about me because she wouldn't serve me until the manager provided approval). There are no views as such, but it's within a stone's throw of the behemothic waterfront shopping extravaganza if that's your thing. But you need to be prepared for some rather unusual PortsWood traits. Even if you phone ahead to say your breakfast room service order is hanging outside your door before the accepted cut-off time of 2 a.m., it doesn't mean that it won't still be hanging there when you awake needing to fulfil an appointment after a decent meal.So you phone, apologies galore, and still nothing materialises. A further call - and breakfast is finally dispatched. But guess what? The Portswood has a "tray charge" for anything delivered to your room - whether it be meals, drinks, or any other form of 'service." Of course you don't know about this until you check out, well after you've been handing out 10% tips to all. When I settled my account, I requested some extra Rand be included so that I might have the currency to add to my existing stash in order to provide my extraordinary tour guide with the monetary appreciation he so richly deserved. "We don't do that, Maam" So they're happy to take your money for themselves on a pre-paid travel card, but not to dispense cash from the same card? I then asked if they would provide Rand in exchange for actual Australian bank notes. Boy, he got REALLY enthusiastic then! The catch was that the hotel would skim off 20% from the exchange rate. A nice little earner. There were several other pertinent points. While you're strongly advised to use the safe in your room - and I most certainly did - mine did not unlock once my valuables needed to be accessed. When a security man was summoned, he agreed that I had done nothing wrong, and that this 'happens all the time.' It should also be on record that the PortsWood has only one lift for its guests to access their rooms. I was only there for three nights (and mostly confined to my room), but I ventured out twice and the lift was out of action both times. It was necessary for all guests to use the stairwells. Finally, what sort of renowned South African hotel chain runs out of the national drink Amarula?

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Hetty B
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear Valued Guest

We have noted your comments which has been raised with the Head of Department/s in order to ensure that corrective and remedial action is implemented.

Please be assured that this is not the Standard of Service we pride ourselves in, and it is hoped that this experience does not tarnish your impression of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel with spacious rooms and modern bathrooms. Staff very helpful and polite. Good selection st breakfast though as is often the case not very hot.

Staff set up a celebration room for is with Champagne which was so pretty and much appreciated.

Only criticism would be housekeeping who were trying to make up the room before 9am and the turn down service at 6pm when we were getting showered for dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The PortsWood, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and kind words. We love to make special occasions as memorable as possible. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

My initial brief was simple - a 'once in a lifetime' trip to Capetown for our family group of 14. As quite a few were aged 80+, the standard of accommodation and service was paramount and I'm very glad that the Portswood Hotel was recommended to us by 'Nine Flowers Travel' (A truly 5-star Travel agency in their own right).
The hotel Personnel were very efficient and friendly especially the restaurant staff who we all took a shine to - they were always courteous and beaming which certainly made our stay more memorable. (a quick mention for Yamkela here ...... ENKOSI KAKHULU !).
As a couple in the group were celebrating a wedding anniversary, our request for a specially adapted menu for the occasion was happily accepted and of course professionally delivered/served on the night. We enjoyed it so much that we used the 'Quarter Deck' more times than we initially envisaged even for afternoon snacks & sandwiches - that must certainly be a 'thumbs-up' from my highly-demanding group !
The hotel's proximity to the Waterfront was another bonus which proved popular.It enabled people to 'pop-along' for a walk/go shopping or 'people-watch' whenever it suited them without having to think of transport and it certainly gave everyone a sense of independence.
Rooms were very comfortable and quite spacious and we appreciated the fact that we were all placed in close proximity to each other as we were forever popping in and out of each other's room.
A couple of gripes concerns a missing pair of jeans and the lack of a 'commercial gesture' when 4 people arrived a day late due to flight delays - (2 rooms were already paid for but not occupied) my request for a few freebies was made to the food/beverage manager but which was unfortunately declined. This could have been instrumental in making this review a 5* .... but hey, it's only my personal view !

Let's finish on a brighter note -
As I said at the beginning, we had a memorable trip to Capetown with some great souvenirs and unforgetable experiences !
and PortsWood Hotel certainly played it's part in our 'dream holiday'

UHAMBE KAKUHLE to all the staff....

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and kind words. We always strive to make sure that our guests have unforgettable experiences.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The Portswood has everything you need in a hotel in Cape Town. It has a great location, wifi, safety, friendly staff and the rooms cleaned to a very high standard. My partner and I enjoyed our 5 night stay and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple