“Business Hotel!!”
Review of Cape Milner

Cape Milner
Ranked #29 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Located centrally; the business hotel offered a lot. They have free pressing service, Wi-fi is chargeable, business centre is free to use. The rooms are decent and clean and offer all the basic amenities. Staff was friendly and breakfast had a lot of vegetarian options.

Room Tip: No difference in the rooms!! All are the same.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Abhi S
MBCapeTown, General Manager at Cape Milner, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Abhi from New York,
On behalf of all the management and staff at the Cape Milner Hotel I would like to thank you for posting your positive review on your recent stay with us, onto Trip Advisor.
I am pleased to note that you found the staff at the Cape Milner friendly and the vegetarian options at breakfast were to your liking and with a good variety to choose from.
Our location is ideal in that good choices of restaurants are located nearby as well as many places of historical and cultural interest.
I trust you had a pleasant journey home and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cape Milner Hotel again soon.
Until then keep well and regards from a rather windy Cape Town.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed recently, the room we were in was really lovely and well appointed. The breakfast is good. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is good, as it is short taxi ride to the water front,and lions head and tabel mountain and a short stroll to Kloof street where all the restaurants and bars are located.
The bar staff may need more training as i asked for a bellini one night and was given a Kir Royale and told that what a bellini was.
All in all a nice place and i would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
MBCapeTown, General Manager at Cape Milner, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Louise,
On behalf of all the Management and Staff at the Cape Milner we would like to thank you for your review of our Hotel.
All of us take such comments as wonderful items of motivation, as the comments made confirm that we are genuinely looking after each and every guest in the best way possible. However, it appears that we need to re-train and evaluate the cocktail repertoire with the barmen to ensure that we serve the correct cocktail that is ordered.
I trust you had a pleasant journey back to Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cape Milner in the future.
Jeremy Flowerday.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here for a total of 4 nights before we started an overland tour to Vic Falls. The rooms were modern and clean. We found the staff very friendly, particularly the reception staff as we had to make contact with our tour operator and they were very willing to help - even making the calls for us. The buffet breakfast was very good and extensive. We didn't eat other meals at the hotel only because there were plenty of other places within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.

They have a free shuttle that runs into V&A waterfront, though if it is out and you don't want to wait taxis are easily arranged and quite cheap. We also walked a bit in the area around the hotel so were able to easily get to on foot the Company's Gardens and the Cape of Good Hope (though admittedly, I wouldn't try it at night). It was also close to one of the Hop on Hop off bus stops so we jumped on that one day.

Great view of Table Mountain from the pool and from our room - though the view from the room would depend on which room you were in.

Would recommend it if you are looking for somewhere to easily access the main tourist sites.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a double bed if you want one, otherwise twin beds are quite common.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cape Milner Hotel guest,
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of the Cape Milner Hotel on Trip advisor.
It would appear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I was most pleased to read of the favourable interactions with our members of staff.
We are fortunate at the Cape Milner Hotel to have a great location that allows guests easy access to a variety of entertainment and historical places of interest, and, all nestled beneath Table Mountain.
I trust you had a good journey back home to Perth and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cape Milner Hotel again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Whilst on a trip to Cape Town I had the good fortune of visiting the Cape Milner. Staff couldn't be more helpful, and the atmosphere is relaxed but classy. The pool has great views of Table Mountain, and is a real suntrap. In short it a a great place, located ideally close to the night life on Long and Kloof Streets. Prices are reasonable and service is good. Enjoy!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank springbokrugby

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your very favourable review on the Cape Milner Hotel posted on Trip advisor.
I am deeply encouraged to read of the staff interaction with you as well as the facilities and location suited you perfectly.
All reviews we receive are discussed at all levels and prove to be very motivating to all of us at the Hotel.
I trust your journey home to Scotland was a pleasant one and we would love to see you at the Cape Milner Hotel again soon.
General Manager.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Service not so great, people from the city in the swimming pool putting the music very loud and taking all the available space. Swimming pool dirty and small.
No ice to do cocktails, unable to do most of the cocktails. The service is slow. Average breakfast. Mistake of the receptionnist about a restaurant reservation.
Accomodation is fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Grégoire C

Dear Gregoire,
It was with regret to have learned of the poor standards of service and delivery during your stay at the Cape Milner Hotel.
There is a large amount of food for thought in your review and we have already commenced changes that we believe will avoid the annoyance and frustration that you experienced whilst with us.
The comment about the cocktails is very concerning to me as this is not the first time this has been mentioned, it will be put right so that we are in a position to deliver cocktails to all our guest expectations in the future.
I trust you had a good journey home to France and offer my sincere apologies for the shortcomings experienced.
Jeremy Flowerday,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had been booked in this hotel by one of the major tour operators in India during my recent vacation in South Africa. I stayed there on two occasions. First on December 21 and second on December 26 and 27. On both the occasions I found the reception staff, very rude. The ACs in the rooms were not working and I requested either to make them work, or to provide a fan or to change to the room. None of the requests were acceded to. To top it on 27th , when I came back to my room at around 9.30 pm, I find the door wide open !!! I complained to the reception. He was very rude. I wanted some one to come and see. After much bargaining, the manager in charge of restaurants(!) came to see. I requested him to check through the card reader as to who would have entered the room. After around 30 minutes he brought the card reader. But he did not know how to use it!!!. I requested to talk to the General Manage. I was told that he could not be contacted. Left a complaint with my mail id. No reply or acknowledgement till date. The room did not appear to have been tampered. Hotel authorities have capability to open any rooms. Not sure whether any one had some ulterior motive and opened my room, but before they could finish their job, I had come!!!

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sun6366
MBCapeTown, General Manager at Cape Milner, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2015

Dear Ferdinand C

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay and would like to apologise for the slow service in housekeeping, generally we aim to have our guest rooms serviced by 3pm however please advise us on check in and we will ensure your room is serviced as per your requirements,.

We will address the issue immediately to ensure our GUESTS receive only the best service at all times.

Kind regards

Natasha Powell

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I spend an afternoon at the Cape Milner hotel with close friends, enjoying the pool.
Janine Isaacs, our waitress, took such good care of us … smiling, attentive, and caring… She was just fantastic.
I will definitely come back to the Cape Milner for the great service.

Catherine