Cape Milner
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$179
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$197
$191
$201
$186
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$115
Hilton
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$148
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$155
$150
Orbitz.com
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$761
$428
Hotels.com
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$671
$648
  • Breakfast included
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$423
Agoda.com
All reviewstable mountainkloof streetluxury roompool areabusiness tripbusy roadvery nice hotelcomfortable stayreception staffenjoyed our stayhotel is situateda great staybars and restaurantsrooms are spaciousstayed nightscamps baywaterfront
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This hotel is within a 30-minute walk from the waterfront, Long street, the aquarium, several museums and many good restaurants. The hotel staff is most helpful, the meals are excellent. Many of the rooms are currently undergoing renovations so it will be even better when done.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank coy1990
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights on first visit to Cape Town.Offered a basic room,which was dirty with badly stained carpets,noisy and quite small.
Threatened to check out immediately if not offered better room,and offered a luxury room.Certainly a little bigger and definitely cleaner.
All rooms have paper thin walls,so hope you do not get people either side,as you will hear everything,,,,,
TV reception is a joke,as only 12 channels but constantly cuts off for no reason and may come back!Breakfast is good though.Not recommended!!!

Room Tip: do not accept basic room,but ask for luxury room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shooeybr
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Staff were friendly and nice.
Love the complementary shuttle service to certain areas of Capetown, which really helps if you don't have a car. We stayed in the suite and it was amazing with the views of Table Mountain and the ocean. Close to local cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Space_chic
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed at the Cape Milner as a group for a week, making use of both the leisure and conference facilities.

Fair enough, the fixtures and fittings may not be at the glitzy end of the spectrum but it is clean and tidy, and on price alone represents decent value. What for me takes this hotel above the rest is the staff. From booking right throughout the stay the staff have been friendly with a well judged level of attentiveness, pro-actively going the extra mile to make the stay a great one. I'd certainly choose to stay here over any of the big chains in town for this reason alone, particularly if I were staying for a reasonable period where I could get to know the staff. Perhaps the only criticism might be the speed of the internet access however this seems to be a recurring theme across Cape Town rather than being specific to this hotel.

Thanks Angela, Neil and all of the team

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Hibit
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I am a regular visitor Cape Town and would say that while the Cape Milner is conveniently located and in a pretty location I had a very mixed experience. Both my friend and I stayed in spearate rooms and had bad experiences individually. These types of hotels outside the World Cup normally run USD$100 to $150. Given the maintenance of the hotel and other options in the neighborhood I would not stay here for more than USD$50 to $70. Here is a breakdown of the negative versus the positive. FYI if you are here for business the Internet connection sucks and is unpredictable. I would stay somewhere higher end if you are relying on a good internet connection.
Negative
1) When I turned on my shower and then stepped outside to make a phone call and came back I found my entire room was flooded after five minutes. They have an open bathroom and the shower floor is not concave or built a bit deeper. The reason being they never unclogged the drains. While they fixed this my room smelled like mold and took several hours to get the smell out with a machine. I could not change the room since it is the world cup and they were rude when I asked for a discount.
2) The next day I was brushing my teeth and felt my feet getting wet and noticed water was coming out of the cabinets and my bathroom flooded again and spilled into the bedroom. . While they fixed they problem there only response was "yeah the pipes were loose, that sometimes happen." Happen it does. My friend who was also in the fith section had the same thing happen in his room.
3) I came back late night and my key did not work.
4) The internet connection did not work for several days in my room or my friend's room. We asked them to fix it and it took several days to fix it.
5) The tv says it gets CNN and doesn't.
6) The carpet is old and there are air bubbles in the carpet.
7) The heater also is very weak and does not really heat the room. I am here at the start of winter and nights can be cold.
8) My friend came back and they did not even clean his room. He had spilled a some red wine on his bed told them about it and came back to see the stain left in full view.

Positives
1) The staff is friendly and helpful. Sometimes when you ask them something the response will either be really slow or immediate. No way to predict.
2) Security is good, but I was wish the safe in the room was bigger. As security in hotels in South Africa can sometimes be an issue hotels usually have bigger safes to fit laptops.
3) The pool and the view of table mountain is really spectacular.
4) The hotel is very convenient (walking distance to long street-10 minutes), but in a quiet neighborhood.

I hope this review was helpful. Cape Town is a wonderful place, but there are many other options at the same price point that offer so much more.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends