All reviews great location travel desk walking distance construction work minute walk close proximity free wifi business trip water front pleasant stay easy access comfortable rooms buffet breakfast secure parking robben island table mountain waterfront
Reviewed July 20, 2018

location is great. short walk to the waterfront and nearby bars and eateries. buffet breakfast was good. rooms are standard and a little small. friendly helpful staff. Very quiet and peaceful. Not much to do at the hotel, but with it's location you will want to be outdoors anyway.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Excellent location walking distance to V and A and Central Cape Town. Room was comfortable and clean, very well kept. Staff were well trained and eager to help with any enquiries. Also friendly and pleasant. Breakfast outstanding and evening café fare also very good with a wide range.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear you sing praises of our helpful and friendly staff, our breakfast offerings, hotel facilities and hotel location. Our hearing of these things coming together for your enjoyment is what drives us to continue to do our best. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My 8 days at City Lodge were nothing short of fantastic. I felt at home, safe and well looked after. For this I am grateful./. Thank you to Claudia, Fatima and Tarrin just to name a few. Clean room, good food at the cafe. Kind and attentive staff.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Reviewed July 3, 2018

I was really disappointed in the City Lodge experience - in both Durban and Capetown. The staff unfortunately wasn't overly friendly and that can make or break an experience in my opinion. Each person seemed only concerned about the money. No kind formalities or 'how is your stay' type questions, just 'what's your room #' so they can charge you for whatever it is you're asking for. Felt very cold. My main disappointment that this was a once in a lifetime experience for me, traveling from Canada to South Africa - and the City Lodge doesn't even provide bottled water for guests. Every other hotel I stayed at during my time there did. For international travelers, that is unfortunate as we even have to brush our teeth with bottled water. So I went to purchase bottled water a handful of times and no one was nice and it took forever for them to figure it out then ask for my room #. No one in the restaurants or kitchen were kind. I walked in for breakfast one morning, sat down, had my food from the buffet already and four servers were just standing there, all staring at me. I looked at them twice, then finally one 'took one for the team' and came over. Not too sure if they were annoyed with tourists or what, but it was uncomfortable. The front desk staff wasn't overly friendly either, but I tried. I had made arrangements with the travel desk (the ONLY highlight of this hotel, even though they're a private contracted company mind you) and I dealt with them a lot, and they cared about me and where I was going - when I returned safely, the travel desk lady wasn't there, so I asked reception, and she said she'd pass the info along that I returned - she even asked for my room #. But the next evening, when the same travel desk lady was there, she was relieved to see me, and I said 'didn't reception tell you?' and she said no. So another reason I was not impressed. I will mention that the rooms are decent though, comfortable and nicely designed. I also had a nice view towards the Waterfront area. It was also fairly peaceful as the hotel was not very busy, winter season, etc. I did however see one cockroach in the hallway. And the Travel Desk staff is pretty amazing, they are lucky to have them! As mentioned, if you just need a place to crash and don't care about customer service being over-the-top, then this hotel is fine, as it is in a good location. But to the international traveler, best to book somewhere else and spend the extra money for a quality experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review. While we are happy that you enjoyed the location and found the hotel to be convenient and comfortable, we are sorry to hear about the other issues. One of the reasons we do not provide complimentary bottled water in our City Lodge Hotel brand is that tap water is perfectly safe to drink in South Africa. This is not the case in many other countries. As we pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff, we are disappointed to hear about your substandard experience. We will certainly look into all the points you have raised as part of our ongoing review of our performance and feedback from guests.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located, it offers easy access to most attractions in downtown Cape Town. The rooms are spacious with all the basic necessities, with a reasonable size bathroom. The breakfast and meals are generally good with great variety to choose from.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the constructive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.