We booked this hotel on arrival at Cape Town airport through Tourist Information, and asked for a budget of R1400 max for two. All staff were very helpful and friendly. We arrived on a Saturday and curiously found ourselves the only couple in the dining room for dinner. The waitress was lovely and very efficient. Mysteriously the dining room was full for breakfast and the choice was as a good as we've experienced anywhere. Our room was very comfortable, but the view looked out over other rooms in the hotel. However, the location is perfect for the Waterfront, and is very close to the open top 'Red Bus' sight-seeing route. It took us to the Table Mountain cable car and then back to the hotel at the end of the day - no need for a taxi!
ps I left my ring behind in our room. Etienne, the Duty Manager went to great lengths to post it to my father in Jo'burg (who brought it with him on a visit to England). I was finally re-united with my ring this week. How about that for service?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A centrally located hotel at the gateway to the vibrant and dynamic V and A Waterfront, within walking distance of Cape Town’s CBD, close to the N2 motorway and 15 minutes from the international airport. A nautical theme runs through the hotel and a spa-pool is available for guests to relax in the warm Cape weather. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge v And a Waterfront
- City Lodge v&a Waterfront Hotel Cape Town Central
- City Hotel Cape Town
- City Hotel v a Waterfront
- City Lodge Waterfront Cape Town
- City Lodge Hotel V&A Waterfront Cape Town, South Africa