With a day riddled with meetings all over the Peninsula. I had a meeting at the Protea Hotel, Breakwater Lodge at the Waterfront where (fortunately) the meeting turned into lunch, and we shared a mezze platter. The weather was clear, so we sat outside on the veranda. Beautiful view of the mountain and the V&A Waterfront. The only pity is that there are huge constructions underway currently at the waterfront, so it was quite noisy.
FOOD - I am a huge fan of mezze platters. This one was delicious and quite reasonable for two people at R125. The platter had a variety of cold meats - salami, spicy sausage, pastrami; cheeses - blue an Brie; olives, pickles, rye bread, olive oil and boiled eggs (crusted with paprika, which wasn't quite my cup of tea, but interesting nonetheless). Everything else was very tasty. My only problem with a platter is that I generally end up eating waaay too much!
DRINKS - had a white Grapetiser.
SERVICE - a bit slow and when I was ready to go there was no one in sight; I just think they forgot about me.
VALUE FOR MONEY - fortunately I have a Prokard, so got 33% discount which was great. Value in general not bad.
RECOMMENDABLE - yes, quiet a nice gem of a place in a bustling Warerfront. 7/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a rich piece of history balancing modern-day comfort when you stay at this hotel right next to Cape Town's fabulous V&A Waterfront. Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the hotel is perfectly positioned in the heart of the V&A Waterfront and 25km from Cape Town International Airport. The hotel is also near all the main routes to the beaches, mountain walks and city hotspots as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and Cape Town Stadium. The hotel is closely linked with the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business and features 18 conference venues, four public lounges, gym, SPA, business centre, 24-hour secure parking - 250 parking bays, airport transfers, laundry service. The hotel boasts with 191 modern environmentally conscious rooms with standard rooms, business suites and family units. All rooms are equipped with minibar fridge, free uncapped WIFI, tea/coffee facilities, air-conditioning, LCD flat screen TV, telephone and laptop-friendly electronic safes. Stonebreakers Restaurant offers a la carte & buffet menus daily in a relaxed atmosphere with magnificent views of both the V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain. A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is available from our full service bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfont Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Waterfont Breakwater Lodge South Africa