The Protea Breakwater Lodge is a converted prison and is also linked to a university. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and functional, the food in the restaurant is perfectly fine.
The location is fantastic! It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the V&A waterfront and a stones throw from the aquarium.
We stayed there for about 6 nights and it was fine for that length of time. Would stay there again if I go back to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge South Africa