Spent 4 nights at the Breakwater August 24-27, 2013. Originally an old prison the rooms are VERY quiet! We'd originally reserved a premium room with a view but upon check-in the clerk, for some reason, stuck us in a room with a view of....a room across an air shaft! They quickly sorted this out the next day (we'd arrived after 10 pm) and we got a room with a great view of Table Mountain and sections of the harbour. The rooms are secure and there are common rooms at the corners on each floor (think "hollow square"). The hotel is actually three buildings all within a stone/cement wall; the self-serve and bar/dining rooms are at the building farthest from the reception lobby. The hotel was very quick to arrange airport transport for us and put it on the room tab. Breakfasts are "all you could want, all you could eat" for $13.50 pp. We didn't eat any other meals since the location is within 3 minute walk of the V & A Waterfront with its wide selection of restaurants, bars, & shopping possibilities.
Clean, modern and yet funky, the ground floor is taken by the South African "Graduate School of Business" which lends itself to an interesting blend of people in the hallways and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a rich piece of history balancing modern-day comfort when you stay at this hotel right next to Cape Town's fabulous V&A Waterfront. Just a minute away from restaurants, theatres and shops, the hotel is perfectly positioned in the heart of the V&A Waterfront and 25km from Cape Town International Airport. The hotel is also near all the main routes to the beaches, mountain walks and city hotspots as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and Cape Town Stadium. The hotel is closely linked with the University of Cape Town's Graduate School of Business and features 18 conference venues, four public lounges, gym, SPA, business centre, 24-hour secure parking - 250 parking bays, airport transfers, laundry service. The hotel boasts with 191 modern environmentally conscious rooms with standard rooms, business suites and family units. All rooms are equipped with minibar fridge, free uncapped WIFI, tea/coffee facilities, air-conditioning, LCD flat screen TV, telephone and laptop-friendly electronic safes. Stonebreakers Restaurant offers a la carte & buffet menus daily in a relaxed atmosphere with magnificent views of both the V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain. A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is available from our full service bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfont Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Waterfont Breakwater Lodge South Africa