The Breakwater Lodge is really very convenient and very very comfortable.
The atmosphere around the place is very relaxed, the staff are all very friendly and being a part of the Business Grad School only adds to the experience.
The standard rooms can be a bit small, but you can upgrade to a larger room.
As we spend the better part of the day at the V&A waterfront only 5 minutes away it is perfectly located and the room size really doesn't bother us as it becomes a place to crash out.
They have great lounge areas at the corners of each floor.
Protea have renovated the rooms and the bathrooms are now really very good.
Yes Breakwater, you are "hot"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance modern comfort and and experience soaking in the rich history of Cape Town with a stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. Our hotel in Cape Town, South Africa sits right next to the city's fantastic V&A Waterfront, a minute from restaurants, shops and theatres. We're perfectly poised to give you a feel for the heart of the Waterfront area, just 25 km from Cape Town International Airport. Enjoy easy access to beaches, mountains and city hotspots from our accommodations, as well as convenience getting to Cape Town International Convention Center and Cape Town Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- The Breakwater Hotel
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge South Africa