Take nothing away from it, this appears to be a very well run backpackers lodge, but it left us feeling a little bit old. We stayed here for two reasons: (1) because we'd splurged a bit on other nights in Cape Town and (2) we we'd heard good things about Ashanti. Location was great, check-in was sweet, the quality of our private room was good - but we arrived tired and needed to sleep. Sleep we didn't get, because the noise from the internal bar went on at full blast until 02h00. This was despite less than a handful of people being at the bar... and the vast majority of guests, like us, having hit the sack. Still, we've rated it highly - it is what it is - a top youth hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Victorian mansion boasts clean, comfortable rooms and handy innovations like individual reading lights, personal safes and international plug points. Our sparkling pool, landscaped gardens, spacious balconies and palm-fringed sundecks are great for chilling out - while our legendary Kumasi Bar is the place to party! We serve delicious meals in our bar and also have a well-equipped kitchen for self-catering. We offer all accommodation options, including private, en-suite rooms in our guesthouse around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ashanti Lodge Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Hotel Cape Town Central
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Cape Town, South Africa