All dorms are very clean and modern and very secure. Each room has a combination lock on the door, a locker for your big bag, as well as an electronic safe for each person. Some of the dorms even have a small sink, which is quite handy.
Bathrooms are all very clean. There are separate cubicles for showers and toilets, and all of these are unisex. There is plenty of room for hanging up clothes etc in the shower cubicles, and the water is always piping hot. One of the toilet cubicles even comes equipped with a pair of binoculars, so you can gaze up at table mountain whilst you are there. Quite bizarre!
There is a kitchen downstairs, which is fairly well equipped – hob, oven and microwave are all working and nice and clean.
Outside, there is a medium sized pool. It looked fairly nice, but being the middle of winter, we opted not to try it.
There is a bar/restaurant on the first floor, with a nice sun terrace overlooking the pool, plus a great view of table mountain. Prices are reasonable, but the food can take a while to arrive when they are busy. There is a pool table, and a large projector TV which shows all the major sporting events.
Wifi is fast and reliable, but unfortunately not free. You get the first hour for free, and then have to pay after that.
The ATC overland trucks leave from here every other Saturday, which means it can get quite busy on these nights, so it’s advisable to book ahead.
The hostel also has a very good travel centre, able to book you on all sorts of trips all over Africa. Definitely worth a look if you are planning a safari, rafting, bungee jump etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our backpackers lodge is situated in a converted Victorian mansion and boasts clean, comfortable rooms and handy innovations like individual reading lights, personal safes, international plug points and charging points. The sparkling pool, landscaped garden, spacious balconies and palm-fringed sundecks are great for chilling out - while our legendary Kumasi Bar is the place to party! We serve delicious meals in our bar and also have a well-equipped kitchen for self-catering. We offer all accommodation options, including private, en-suite rooms in our guesthouse around the corner. A basic backpacker breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ashanti Lodge Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Hotel Cape Town Central
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Cape Town, South Africa