When traveling in South Africa for pleasure I make it a point to never stay in a hotel. The country's myriad of B&B and guest houses make it utterly pointless. However, there are a few hotels that are at least interesting to walk through, to have drinks, or are situated so conveniently that they can pull me away from the norm. The Table Bay is still best suited to business travel, and especially business travel for hosting others, but would probably do the average luxury or tourist traveller just fine. Their open spaces, convenient walking distance location to waterfront nightlife, and very attentive concierge service are all spot on. The standard rooms are very comfortable, and come equipped with the amenities normally reserved for more intimate establishments (private welcome note, fudges, bedtime chocolates, stocked bar, and quality toiletries). Their pool was out of order for maintenance when I stayed, and the gym was ridiculously small for the size of the hotel, but it was clean and well supplied with better than average hotel gym equipment. The breakfast was about average as far as business type hotels go. It appeared they were unable to meet the requirements of the number of guests staying - not in quantity of food, but in quality (everything hot was soggy, and all the fruits and cold items had been obviously prepared well in advance). The concierge was the star of the show. And the driver our group used, Ismael, for a half day wine tour at the drop of a hat, was so courteous, professional, and just beyond the value of what we paid, that he made the entire stay worthwhile. I will always consider the Table Bay for business trips, and as an alternative to a B&B if my places of preference are booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa