Wanted to treat myself for two nights in Cape Town and chose this hotel. Good choice! Great room with all the necessary touches, Table Mountain view was wonderful. Service generally fine.
Details: slow service at breakfast on second morning, food lukewarm. Bill messed up when I checked out, and I was a bit taken aback to hear "Oh, when the hotel's full, we charge more" (that said, the room averaged what I'd booked for). And getting my bag from the room was a farce.
BUT - the hotel is wonderfully located, oozes class in many ways, and if I go back to to Cape Town I'd certainly think of staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa