Stayed here for business for three nights. The positives: Great view of table mountain and the waterfront; good location; nice shopping mall attached; areas to walk and stroll along the water; clean and comfortable rooms; attentive service. The drawbacks: very expensive; a bit stuffy for my taste; restaurant was very elegant, but food was just average.
Overall, I can't really complain about this hotel in terms of service or quality. I guess I just didn't really like the old-fashioned vibe of the place. To me it seemed like it was kind of living in the past and trying too hard to be old world elegance. I will say that the transportation and drivers that we booked through the hotel were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa