The Cape Grace was exactly what we wanted from our Cape Town hotel - fantastic position, beautiful rooms, excellent concierge and a fantastic car service which saves you getting taxis and makes negotiating Cape Town so much easier. But, you have to make sure when you book the hotel that your room is located on the Table Mountain side and not the other. We were initially facing the other way and there are shipping trawlers outside which absolutely stink! We couldn't bear to go on to our balcony and had to ask for a change of rooms which the hotel was happy to oblige with.
Also we found the pool service very poor. No one ever offered us food or drink and the towels from the last people were never removed. In a 5 star hotel, it shouldnt be a 'do it yourself' job. On the upside though, when we did complain, the staff were incredibly courteous and dealt with the problem immediately.
So despite our few problems, we really did enjoy our stay and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa