We stayed at the Cape Grace for four nights as a final wrap-up to a 24 day African adventure which covered four countries. What a delightful surprise she was to us. From the minute our driver dropped us at the front door, we were made to feel known and welcome - that is the epitome of hospitality & The Cape Grace makes hospitality the top priority on its list. Our rooms were spacious and reeked of a true Old World elegance that is often tried for in hotels these days but seldom achieved. This hotel is not pretentious but it has every right to be!
The location on Victoria and Albert waterfront makes it a "walking" hotel for most of the downtown area and walk we did - exploring the shops, malls and marketplaces as well as the lovely gardens of Cape Town. It is also the ideal jumping off place to visit Robben Island, the notorious place of incarceration for 18 of Nelson Mandela's prison years which is a moving experience and not to be missed when in Cape Town.
The dining rooms of the Grace are another special treat with all sorts of household objects in metal, crystal and copper hanging from the chandeliers throughout. I know that sounds like kitsch but it is totally charming and creates its own special ambience. Tea is served each day in the Library, accompanied by sherry and port. The latter two are also available for guests enjoyment before dinner.
Breakfast in the enclosed porch offers both menu selections as well as an abundant buffet overflowing with all sorts of delicious offerings. The pastries were fresh, warm and yummy. Dinner offerings are varied, delicious and served at the proper pace to enjoy one's dinner. On our final evening, we were catching a plane and thus had a a schedule to keep. We alerted the dining room manager and our waiter and they were totally accommodating. We are very happy that we made the acquaintance of this grand "Grace."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa