Visited the Cape Grace during a one-night stay in Cape Town with my husband in July/August 2012.
On this visit, it was a toss up between the Cape Grace and the Mount Nelson.
Cape Grace prevailed because of proximity to the action at the V&A Waterfront, and more significantly value for $.
Hotel is unassuming but lacks nothing. It is charming and luxurious and radiates traditional Cape culture.
Room was pretty and cozy (Table Mountain Luxury Room).
Room afforded partial views of Table Mountain, and the desirable vessels floating in the Yacht basin below. It may be worth spending a bit more for a room with a balcony in summer.
This hotel has a very different ambiance to the One and Only and The Twelve Apostles.
Note: I loved both of the aforementioned hotels.
One and Only is swanky but lacks the perceptible warmth and charm of the Cape Grace. It feels more like a big resort. (If I was travelling with my frisky 2 year old, I would definitely prefer the One and Only.)
Twelve Apostles is absolutely divine and on par with Cape Grace, but can be a bit off the beaten track depending on your requirements. (I would definitely also leave my 2 year old at home.)
Breakfast was fantastic.
What can beat a pot of freshly brewed coffee in the library in wet and chilly Cape Town? Great spot to dive into a book at any time of the year.
If you want to be central and enjoy more personalized luxury, I would recommend the Cape Grace. Despite having so many great hotels to choose from in Cape Town, this charming Cape dame is a safe bet.
The only thing I hated, was having to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa