Cape Grace is a beautiful and elegant property located on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town. Our experience was overall excellent with a few minor complaints. When you first get into the Cape Grace, the individuals at the door will ask if you are checking in and then direct you to a couch to wait until a rep can contact you. After a brief 5 minute wait, (we were checking in around 5:30 pm) we were helped with the rep. Sitting down at a table, the rep went through our booking, assigned our room and then proceeded to help us make any bookings that we might want to do for our stay (even hard to get ones like the Robbin Island tour). After that, he escorted us to our room, very professional. The room itself was very well appointed. We only had a normal room (no suite, loft etc). The room’s bathroom was situated away from the bed. It was very comfortable, and the bed itself was great. For any wake up calls, the hotel would also send up coffee if it was requested. While we didn’t eat at the restaurant during our stay, we did enjoy a few drinks at the Barscule bar. The bar itself was great, and the staff was friendly and helpful. They would come around just enough to not feel like they were not coming by and yet not being overly intrusive. The breakfast buffet was excellent, one of the best I’ve been to yet. Everything was fresh and professional. The only issue we had was that we purchased a picnic basket from catering for one of our day trips. We would have expected all the condiments on the side when you get this at 7:00 am. However they didn’t do that and the sandwiches were not very edible later in the day. When we indicated this to the hotel, they offered an apology but did not take it off the bill which I think was a little petty on their part. But if that is your only complaint after a 5 day stay, it’s a good stay. I didn’t feel the property was too stuff as other reviews have indicated, but there is definitely a level of professionalism that the staff displays which could be considered as being stuffy. All in all, an excellent hotel and I would definitely recommend this property to anyone. A true 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa