“Incomparable Luxury!”
Review of Cape Grace

Cape Grace
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Incomparable!! That’s all I can say. We travel a lot and I would say we are very fussy and picky. This place was just perfect in every way. Our room was spacious and beautifully laid out with great views from the balcony. The staff were impeccable in every way, they couldn’t do enough for you. There was always someone there to help you or get you what you wanted. Without being overbearing or intrusive. The breakfast was lovely and you could have almost anything. I am gluten intolerant and they provided me with gluten free bread and cereals, if they didn’t have it, they would get. All of the food was excellent. The location was great. We felt like royalty staying there, with someone to look after our every whim, including chauffeurs to drive you to anywhere with in 20-mile radius. One of the best Hotels we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for rooftop terrace room,
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kitbed
Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed May 13, 2011

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Our wake up call every morning included coffee delivery to our room. The food was great. Staff were very friendly and remembered our names. The sheets were the softest I've ever felt. Great location. I could go on forever with all the great things about this place...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amilorn
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The most amazing hotel in the world !! They think of everything & I mean everything - so genuinely friendly - free Champagne to the room , then strawberries, then amarula - concierge so so helpful & the breakfast is the best in the world - can't recommend thisbhotel enough !!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank CorkRocky
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My sister and nephew (aged 9) were visiting me in the Cape so this got me thinking...where could I take them where my sister would feel pampered and my nephew would have fun and fit in as a child. I naturally settled on the Cape Grace Hotel..central, personal service (as in knew the names of my sister and nephew upon arrival), small touches (sister's birthday cake upon arrival and the cutest gown and slippers for nepjew), kiddies meals and plenty of places to relax just where we were. The Cape Grace team made our stay so amazing and special. My sister and nephew had the most incredible time and never wanted to leave…I had to drag them out the door kicking and screaming. My nephew is adamant that he wants to celebrate his 10th birthday at the Cape grace…we arrived as friends and left as family (nevermind totally addicted and wanting more)...

Room Tip: Just look for the V&A waterfront
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Everything was fine at check-in at approximately 6:30 pm. As per Amex's FH&R package, we were given a room upgrade and told that we could remain in our room until 4 pm. There was also a lovely bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us as we were celebrating our anniversary. The spa's hairdresser was fabulous. Our dinner was good and the service (really a problem in ZA) wasn't bad. We had a terrific night's sleep. Service at breakfast was painfully slow. This was our last day in ZA on a month-long trip and we were re-packing together with running some last minute errands. However, at 9:47 am the phone rang. Reception said that they needed our room and we had to vacate it ASAP. No explanation or apology. I told the staff that we had specifically been told at check-in that we could keep the room until 4pm. Didn't matter. I negotiated for a 1 pm transfer to another room given that the contents of our valises were spread out all over. I asked for an explanation of what happened when we were transferred but none was ever provided. Frankly, the room that they moved us to would have been acceptable for the night of our stay. But having to move ruined our last day in ZA! When I went to check out, I told the cashier that I was exceedingly unhappy about what had happened, that no explanation was provided and especially that there had been no attempt at service recovery. She had the good sense to find a manager who came to talk with me personally, did apologize (still with no explanation) and made a small adjustment to our bill as a good will gesture. I wonder who the guests were who were so important that we needed to be kicked out of our room! In my opinion, the incoming party should have been informed that their room wasn't ready and offered a complimentary drink, tea or whatever. I thought that we should have received a follow up email of apology but none ever arrived. For a hotel that has such a good reputation for service, our experience with the day shift was appalling!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of Table Mountain
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
11  Thank winemaven8
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My husband is staying at Cape Grace for business and I joined him for my vacation. The staff is incredible. They were so quick to recommend restaurants, tours, shopping, etc. They were friendly and made my stay so pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Best room design,best service, best location
the location made it very safe to walk around at all hours. the breakfast area was wonderful to just sit and read the paper. they remembered your name by the next day. a car was available free of charge to take us to the restaurants. room overlooked the harbor and made for very relaxing viewing of the activity. the pool was a great temperature and very comfortable. the air in the room was easily controlled and the bed very comfortable

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple