We lucked into this gem of a place while planning our vacation in South Africa with a week to spend in Cape Town. We had a fabulous 2bedroom/2bath end unit on the 3rd floor with a balcony where we could sit early in the morning with a cup of coffee and plan out our day. When we were in for the afternoon and it was too hot to sit in the balcony, our living room with a sofa, 2 chairs and TV was very comfortable and relaxing. Our unit had a kitchen that had all the necessary utensils, appliances, dishes, etc. While we didn't spend time cooking, it was great to be able to eat a light breakfast and snack when the on-site restaurant was closed. This resort has some units on the 3rd floor but there are no elevators, so be prepared to climb up the stairs with luggage if you get one of those units.
The hotel: our first impression was that this hotel was friendly with a 'welcome' board outside the lobby...such a nice touch. The front desk staff were friendly, smiling and eager to ensure your request was taken care of. Sometimes there would be a line of 3 to 4 guests, but you could easily be distracted with the complimentary apples and candies and information on the various attractions in Cape Town and surrounding area.
Complimentary services: They offered shuttle service to V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain, City Bowl, Camp Bay and more importantly the Airport. The driver, Henri, is a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. He was always on time, knowledgeable and eager to recommend tourist 'must-see' in Cape Town. You do need to book the shuttle in advance, but we had no problem as we were flexible and when we did need a definite time (like our trip back to the airport), we booked the shuttle days in advance. So plan accordingly and book the shuttle as soon as you know your plans so as not to be disappointed. This service saved us a lot of Rands.
Another complimentary service was WIFI and Internet access. While we had our IPad, there were 3 computers in the lobby for the guests to use. The reception desk gives you a voucher for complimentary WIFI, so we used the Internet from the comfort of our room. Nice feature as we would update our family back home, daily.
Another much appreciated was the complimentary bottles of water, specially when doing the trips to the beach or Table Mountain in hot temperatures.
Restaurant: there was a restaurant on-site that was opened for breakfast and dinner. They offered continental and full buffet breakfast. Reasonable prices and good value. The breakfast offered ample choices of cereals, juices, fruits, baked goods, ham and cheese and eggs, etc. A very nice surprise was when the Duty Managere advised us that our breakfast was 'on the house' on my husband's birthday. This action scored big points with us as it wasn't something we expected. The buffet at dinner was good but didn't offer too much choice in foods. We however enjoyed every meal eaten there. Service was clean and attentive and reasonably priced.
Other features: A bar/lounge on site . We went there once but were too tired from our day's activities, so didn't stay too long. How we, it was great for the younger and more energetic guests. Of course with a bar, goes the noise. While our unit was away from the bar and we didn't hear any noise, I heard from some of the other guests that there was the usual bar sounds late into the night.
A playground with swings and slides for families with children. As well, there were 2 swimming pools that were clean and comfortable. We didn't see any lifeguards while we were there, so caution is advisable.
Location: While this hotel is not on the waterfront or downtown, it is within a 15minute walking distance to various places. We walked to Green Market Square, Bo-Kaap district and the City Bowl and the train station to get a better feel for the local area. However if you don't like to walk, there is the shuttle service.
Thank you Best Western Cape Suites and your wonderful staff for making our visit to Cape Town such a wonderful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the foot of Table Mountain, with views of the Cape Town city skyline and Table Bay, lies the BEST WESTERN Cape Suites Hotel, a village-style hotel with a total of 123 studio, one, two and three-bedroom suites. Guests will enjoy a home away from home environment in spacious accommodations, air-conditioned suites with fully equipped kitchens, all at three star standards. Our suites can accommodate several guests, providing twin beds in each bedroom and a double sleeper couch in the lounge. Ideally located, the hotel is a five-minute drive to the famous V & A Waterfront and a 15-minute drive to the beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton. The BEST WESTERN Cape Suites Hotel provides a sensible alternative in offering affordable accommodations for tour groups, business travelers, families and individuals who are looking for spacious accommodations with convenient amenities in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Cape Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cape Hotel Cape Town Central
- Best Western Cape Town
- Cape Town Best Western
- Best Western Cape Suites Hotel Cape Town, South Africa