We had a good experience with this hotel in April 2013. Room clean, great beds, fridge with a view of the mountain,quiet (fourth floor) Room was small but adequate with wife and two young kids. The TV had all the sports and movie channels. Breakfast Great, we had some simple meals in the hotel at night as with young kids they were able to play downstairs while we sat on the balcony upstairs, reasonable kids menu. Staff were friendly at meal time and we asked for a few more mugs and towels in the room (as family of four) and this was sent to us immediately. Good pool area and patch of lawn. Remember this is a three star hotel not five star, it offers everything a three star should. Close to everything, and in my view because of all of the above is a bit better than Garden Court Mandela which we have also stayed at
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a square on the block in the Mother City. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is located in the vibrant and cosmopolitan suburb of The Gardens, on the edge of the Cape Town City Bowl. This trendy hotel offers guests more of what they want, making their hotel experience a memorable one. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is close to the CBD as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre, whilst the Cape Town International Airport is only a short 20-minute drive from the hotel. For leisure travellers, the hotel is beautifully positioned at the base of Table Mountain - one of the new 'Seven Wonders of Nature' - and is close to Long Street, which has an array of day and night time activities with its vast selection of chic restaurants and boutique shops. The hotel is also located within close proximity to main attractions in the area, such as the V&A Waterfront and the gorgeous beaches of Camps Bay and Bloubergstrand. About the hotel SunSquare Cape Town Gardens combines affordability and comfort with modern accommodation for individuals who know exactly what they want. The spacious lobby extends into a bar area, providing a relaxing place for guests to socialise and enjoy themselves - chatting, working or listening to music. The lounge area leads off from the lobby and is yet another comfortable space where guests can read the newspaper, conduct business meetings, or just sit back and relax. Guests can also unwind and have a drink by the terrace, which looks over a lovely pool deck and has magnificent views of the city. For those guests who want to stay fit and healthy while staying at the hotel, the well-equipped gym comes in handy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SunSquare Cape Town Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court De Waal Hotel Cape Town Central
- SunSquare Cape Town Gardens South Africa