“Kaapse stories ' get's better and better - absolutly loooved it !”

The Rockwell Dinner Theatre
Ranked #65 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enveloped in the quaint decor of the Cape, international and local guests of all ages, whilst enjoying a scrumptious buffet and Cape wines, will be transported into the world of entertainment featuring our production "Kaapse Stories from the Mother City", written and directed by award winning Basil Appollis, we meet a Cape family in a show filled with the humor, intoxicating rhythm and soulful songs unique to Cape Town. Forged from the hardships and misfortunes of the past, emerges a triumphant community - the original 'Rainbow Nation'.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

..we went with a single guest from Germany who is staying with us in our B & B - he had the best time - absolutely wonderful - very special and different entertainment for anybody not from South Africa - he just loved it as did our guests before from England to Scandinavia !
...We had been before and knew ; we where in for a ' treat ' we were not disappointed !
Great evening for all of us !
Thank you Richard Loring and the perfect crew !
Verona Lodge Guest House

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Germandt G, Public Relations Manager at The Rockwell Dinner Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2016

Dearest Shane,

I apologise for only getting to responding to this review now, but I guess late is better than never!

Thank you for this marvellous review - we are so glad that you had such a great time!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was a great evening out, very entertaining with some good food to go with it. I would definitely recommend this show to visitors to Cape Town. Whilst all of the performances were strong, one or two really stood out, but you'll have to check it out for yourself to see which these are!!

Dear Adam,

First of all, thank you for not giving away all the secrets just yet! We like that people come and see this for themselves. Secondly, thank you for your kind words! We cherish them and we hope to see you at Richard's again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

An absolutely awesome experience - the show "Kaapse Stories" was packed full of talent & was a top notch interactive play, the atmosphere was incredibly friendly, the food was stunning (do yourself a favour & make sure you sample the chicken & prawn curry), the service was professional & pleasant ......if I had any complaints it would be that the evening seemed to fly by. Will most certainly be going back again.......an evening out that should be on everybody's list.

Thank you for these kind words lulusamantha - I know it's a bit late, but you know we value your input at all times!

G

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went to see Richard's Supper Stage and Bistro's Kaapse Stories last night (24/10/2013) and I can honestly say that was the most fun I have had in ages! The performances were brilliant, with each song being as beautiful as the next. Whether it was the touching "Beautiful" between the bergies, or Papa's "She" (which literally brought a tear to my eye), Ruth's booming renditions of Shirley Bassey or the Parisian-inspired cabaret number, or the soulful operatics of Gerhard and the security man, the talented artists always managed to entertain and awe with their technique and god-given skills. The chefs prepared a five star meal, and the hosting staff were courteous and accommodating to a tee. The piano and banjo/guitar player provided ensured that there was never a moment left unfilled with some of the best music the world has known. However, the best part for me personally has to be the ongoing interaction between the performers and the audience, with continual discourse (in the truest sense, as dialogue was often given as well as received from both sides) being established early on, both in a verbal and physical sense - there was nothing I loved more than getting to dance with the cast on stage. . what a blast! So thank you to all at Richard's Supper Stage and Bistro for giving us one of the best nights of our lives. We will see you again soon.

Dear Jade,

I have shared your lovely comments with the rest of the team and we hope to see you here at Richard's again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wow, wow, wow - what an amazing and awesome evening... I can highly, highly recommend Richard's Supper Stage & Bistro... The food was too die for... The show was beyond awesome, just sssoooo much talent... I will definitely be going back and I can't wait...

Dear Bridgette,

Thank you for these very kind words which I will surely share with the rest of the team!