“Great atmosphere, good food”
Review of Burrata

Burrata
Ranked #113 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The pizza here is delicious, don't bother getting anything else. We tried one of the entrees and it was fine, but the pizza is exceptional so stick with it. The atmosphere was lovely as well, although if it's busy the tables are a bit close together so you might end up having a conversation with your neighbors. Still, delicious!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We read about the restaurant, especially the pizzas that are supposedly the best in town. I usually do not eat a pizza when dinning out, but thought to give it a try. But what a disappointment. The pizza was soggy and uncooked in the middle. They explained that South Africans do not understand this kind of pizza. The flour, the oven etc. was imported from Italy! But does this mean that it should necessarily also be good? They did offer to replace it with something else on the menu.

My wife and I ended up tasting three dishes. The presentation was very beautiful, the homemade paste a bit too thick and doughy to our taste. The flavour of the dishes was very, very complex and robust, my wife’s lasagne of mushroom, white onion puree, smoked aubergine and parsley oil was according to her very good. I found the smoky flavour overpowering. My pappardelle, slow cooked short rib, roasted red pepper ragu and crispy onion was very tasty, but the slow cooked short rib was not cooked long enough. It could not be eaten with a spoon and a fork in a deep serving bowl.

The wine was very good and very expensive.

In the end, a beautiful restaurant with very friendly and attentive service, but do I think this is a very good restaurant? Pretentious, yes. Excellent, no.

1  Thank SouthAfricaDeon
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have visited Burrata a couple of times and every time I go back I am blown away and my expectations are superseded. The food was absolutely amazing as well as the wine and service. As winter starts to cheap in Burrata has a wonderful warm and cozy feeling which just adds to the experience. Thank you Neil and team for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant regularly since its opening a year ago. Both the pizzas and dishes from the kitchen are fantastic, making it extremely difficult to choose between the two. Try the antipasti starter, fantastic fresh ingredients and make sure Neil recommends a new and interesting vino to accompany your meal.

Certainly my favorite restaurant in Cape Town

1  Thank Jpcpt
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First time we came here but we will most certainly come back!

Very cosy atmopshere, great pizzas and VERY friendly staff!
A very nice spot in the suburbs of Cape Town!