“Totally worth it”

Kasteelpoort Route: Table Mountain Hike from Cape Town
$162.98*
Table Mountain Private Hike Tour of Kasteelpoort Route from Cape Town
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer full or half day hiking trips on Table Mountain which was just named 'One of the New Seven Wonders of Nature'. We tailor make our routes to suit each client's ability. Whether you are looking for adventure or just a walk away from it all we will be happy to guide you and get you back in nature.
Vancouver, Canada
“Totally worth it”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

On March 19th Lauren took me and two others up the India Venster route to the top of Table Mountain. There are several different ways to hike to the top of TM and I'm guessing that this would be one of the most challenging. There were a few small short sections where you were climbing the face of the mountain using solid steel hand holds that had been grouted into the rock. For me this pushed me to the edge of my comfort level (in a good way). The view from the top was epic as expected, and the climb ended up being one of the highlights of my trip. There is NO WAY I could have done this without Mother City Hikers. Lauren, is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and patient. she will recommend the hike that is most suitable for your level to ensure you have a great day. I highly recommend using Mother City Hikers.

Visited March 2013
mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Mother City Hikers trips. I'm so glad you joined our group and that it was a challenge for you, but a manageable one! India Venster is one of the more adventurous routes but I had no doubt in your abilities as I talked you through some of the parts. It's good to challenge yourself without taking it too far. Little by little you can overcome your fears this way. It was my pleasure to guide you and I hope to see you in Cape Town again one day with the Mrs. Thanks again and all the very best to you.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“India venster hike”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

On a hike up the India venster trail, Lauren made us feel at ease, and inspired. This was not just a regular hike up table mountain, on the contrary - I felt like I was involved in a national geographic documentry. Lauren taught us about the magnificent cape wild life, history of cape town, where to go, what to do. she even took photos of us! our climb up India venster was everything but exhausting. we had short breaks along the way, where she pointed out wild herbs that grow in the table mountain national park, amazing African birds, and we even took photos of indigenous Lizards! Lauren is fun, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable, and always ready to help and answer questions. All in all, I'd have to say that that this was one of my favorite hiking experiences thus far!
THANK YOU LAUREN!

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I do. We live in a spectacular place and I hope I did inspire you to get out in the mountains more and get closer to nature. It has so much to offer us daily. Our hike was a great one, adventurous and exciting with taking some time to just sit and enjoy the views around. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here so other people will be inspired to go up too. I would be happy to take you up again and show you another side of Table Mountain when you like. Take care.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“The best hikes in Cape Town”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lauren is one of the most knowledgeable guides I have ever met. Not only did I learn all about the flora and fauna but also the history of the city and the mountains themselves. I was quite nervous about the hike but Lauren put my mind at ease and talked me through every step. The views were spectacular and well worth the climb. I would highly recommend this to both Capetonians and visitors as one of the best ways to see the nature of Cape Town, and also to hear a few of Lauren's handy tips for what else to do in the Western Cape.

Visited April 2013
mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you! I'm so pleased you took the challenge and did so well. We had a beautiful day and it was my pleasure to show you around Table Mountain and Tranquility Cracks. What a spot! I'm glad you found my stories of the area and knowledge of the birds and the bees interesting. I hope you will keep hiking and exploring the mountains around here. I'd be happy to guide you again! Thanks for taking your time to write a review. Keep well :)
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended - hikes with Lauren”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lauren is great - she sorted a couple of brilliant walks for me - Table Mountain was shut but the Apostles and Lions Head made up for it. She is very knowledgeable, great company and tailored the walk to be just the right amount of challenge. Highly recommended

Visited March 2013
mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of our recent hikes. It was great to show you a few parts of this special place. There are so many great spots I still have to show you. I hope one day you will return for more! Thanks again and keep well.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Lauren was fantastic!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Lauren was recommended to me by a friend. We were staying in Cape Town for just a few days - she was so responsive by email and very accommodating to our limited schedule. I was shocked to see how detailed Lauren was in her reply. My group was nervous about our physical abilities to do the hike - Lauren sent us a comprehensive list of different ways up the mountain with information on the time it would take us and the difficulty of the hikes. We went with a less strenuous, longer hike.

Lauren is clearly an expert of the area - our group of 6 were all vying to be right behind her on the hike so that we could hear all of her anecdotes and interesting facts! We felt like we were in good hands.

All in all - she is wonderful. If you are visiting Cape Town - you must do a hike - and you must do it with Lauren!

Visited March 2013
mothercityhiker, Owner at Mother City Hikers, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hike together. Your group was really awesome and I'm so glad you chose me as your guide for the day. I'm glad you got to see another side of Cape Town with me and decompress a bit after the work you did while you were here. What a perfect day it was! I think you chose the right route for the group too, and I'm glad you found my descriptions helpful. It was fantastic being out there with you all. I hope you will one day visit us again. All the best!