“Welcome”

The Backpackers in Green Point
Reviewed January 8, 2013

B.I.G. welcomed our family with 3 kids from the first minute we arrived. The atmosphere of the hostel and it's guests was very relax and sociable.
Even with it's central location in the town, there was free parking space available.

The staff is very friendly, devoted and helpful.

Thank you B.I.G. for making our stay in Cape Town a wonderful memory to last for long.

Warm greeting,
Bart, An & the kids.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The B.I.G is a very nice, small and modern backpackers! The people there are more than friendly and try to help you with everything =) we really felt well there
and also the breakfast was a lot and so lekker :)

Room Tip: the beach room has a verg BIG shower
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for nearly 3 weeks in December and couldn't have been more pleased with it. Felt like home as soon as we arrived. The service was excellent, every time we wanted to go anywhere (excursions etc) their information and help organising the trip was superb. Even if you have the money to stay at the in expensive hotels I would still recommend staying at the B.I.G.The staff Amy, Jess, Jason, Linda and Sarah are some of the nicest people we have ever met and will make your stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed there for 3 weeks and had the most comfortable and best time there. The service and facilities are excellent (not to mention the really reasonable room prices). The friendly, warm team make you feel right at home. It's also close to everything you need and great places to see in Cape Town. Having stayed at other backpackers before, this place is by far the best. I recommend the BIG for anyone visiting Cape Town. -Sandra M

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Alright folks, the search for a hostel in Cape Town stops here. Period. I have traveled around the world and have stayed in many different hostels and The B.I.G is hands down the best! My friends and I stayed with The B.I.G for sixteen days and this is my breakdown:

The Crew:
Arriving at the hostel you will be greeted by some of the coolest/funnest people you will ever meet in your life! Everyone, I mean everyone, is so nice and helpful! Need information about the area, things to do, activities you need not miss?? Have no fear, they are local experts and will book anything your heart desires.

They go above and beyond, for example: I was in need of an iron and I asked Nellie if I could borrow one. Instead of just handing me the iron...she insisted on ironing my shirt for me!!! :) I have never had that kind of service at a hostel and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Location:
It is located in Green Point which is within walking distance to the stadium, promenade, downtown and waterfront. Don't feel like walking…no worries, a cheap cab ride and/or Tuk Tuk will get you where you need to go in no time flat.

Hostel:
The style and design of the hostel is awesome; fun, cozy, homey, and is immaculately clean! There is a theater room, library/book exchange lounge, pool, outdoor BBQ area, and open kitchen downstairs offering many areas to hang out, relax, and socialize. The wonderful aspect about this hostel is that you can actually sleep. Don't get me wrong, people are down to party and have a good time but there is an overall level of respect and understanding to keep the level of noise down to allow people to rest. Free breakfast in the morning was a really nice bonus. Fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, granola (muesli), cereal, COFFEE…oh so good :)

Lynda, Amy, Jess, Jason, Sarah, Millie, Nellie and Veronica: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for making our trip to Cape Town so memorable. <3

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

"I came, I saw, I stayed" for 3 weeks, the entire duration of my vacation in South Africa.

I came back to Europe slightly browner and a slightly warmer person much due to BIG and the staff.

Memories:
* STAFF (Amy, Jess, Linda, Jason, Sarah) and dogs (Sharky et al) go the extra mile, and treats one as an old friend. We had some BBQ's at back. Staff's friends also meet up at hostel.
* Other guests. Nice buzz.
* Reading my books in a hammock in the shade between 2 palm trees at the back.
* Walking - Walk up signal hill at back of hostel (keep eyes open), then over to Lions Head (bring camera), then at Kloofnek, either walk to Table Mountain cable car, or along 'pipe track' to Camps bay.
* Hostel - new modern interior.
*If one wants a bit of peace there is a reading room and a TV room. If one wants to socialize join in.

I have not been to any other hostel in Cape Town, so cannot compare.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I feel so lucky to have stumbled across this accommodation option. I was travelling with 6 American friends (in SA for the first time) and everyone found this place absolutely charming. The staff are helpful and relaxed, the accommodation is reasonable and the backpackers has been designed and decorated with great personal care, creating your perfect casual but comfortable travelers hub. I will recommend The BIG to anyone looking for convenient, reasonable, clean, friendly and fun accommodation in CT.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends