“Cold Food”

Seven Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #314 of 1,325 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seven Spur in Seapoint is a family-friendly restaurant that serves the best ribs, burgers & steaks. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu!
Reviewed June 9, 2019

Food was cold and orders came wrong to the table, we had to ask for the rest as per menu. On the property of the Seapoint Protea Hotel, but you cannot use your Prokard for Dinner

Date of visit: June 2019
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Seven Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Lourens-Esterhuyse,

Thank you for taking the time to review Seven Spur family restaurant. We are sorry to read that this was your experience, your feedback is much appreciated.

If you wouldn't mind forwarding this review on, together with your contact details to customer-care@spur.co.za. We'd really like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and hopefully turn it around.

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed May 21, 2019

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of dining at Seven Spur in Cape Town recently. What a gastronomically delightful experience. The food was amazing, not yo mention the staff, who had full knowledge of the menu, could describe each dish in detail (and make it sound mouthwatering). The staff were polite, courteous,and the service was fast. I had ribs and my husband had the flame grilled chicken. The ribs were melt in the mouth delicious, and the chicken felt like fairies were playing on my tongue - simply divine. I had a fresh garden salad with my meal and my husband chose onion rings and chips with his. Wha a delight that meal was. We were back the next night as well to try the steaks, and I have only experienced steak as deliciously cooked, tender and seasoned once ever similar to that, and that was in New York, USA. Seven Spur is also a lovely place to bring the entire family, as it's chilled and mellow vibe is just the place to relax and have a wonderful meal. If you are looking for a fabulous place to eat, great service, out of this world food, please visit Seven Spur in Cape Town. My hats off to the management, staff and chefs. Excellent.

Date of visit: May 2019
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Seven Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Hi Danella2014,

Thank you very much for visiting Seven Spur Steak Ranch and leaving us with such great review! Our selection of mouth-watering meals is perfect for people with a taste for life - glad you enjoyed it!

We hope you have many more amazing experiences with us.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Went for lunch today, big mistake.
Ordered drinks while we looked over the menu.
We asked about our drinks twice. Hmm
Ordered our meals.
Steak was to be cooked medium.
What a disappointment....
Steak was well cooked, when complained about it, they took it away.
Second time was half the size, but was not even rare.
Asked to speak to a manager who was rude and walked off when the waiter returned.
All they done was give me a free drink.
Do not recommend this place

Date of visit: April 2019
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Manager at Seven Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Dear Rodneyw262,

Thank you for taking the time to review Seven Spur family restaurant. We're so sorry to read that this was your experience. That certainly doesn't sound like the level of service or food quality we pride ourselves on.

If you wouldn't mind forwarding this review on, together with your contact details to customer-care@spur.co.za. We'd really like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and hopefully, turn it around.

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed April 9, 2019

We were staying in the hotel next door so decided to go for a steak on our first night as we were both very sleepy after our flight. The steaks were amazing (recommend the mushroom sauce!) but the experience was made my Hilton who helped us. He recommend food, talked about football with us and all round was amazing. He honestly is the kindest and most welcoming person with the biggest smile. Made our night!

Date of visit: April 2019
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Seven Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Hi there 03Pager,

Thank you for your Spurrrific review of Seven Spur. We're happy to read that you enjoyed our legendary Spur steaks and that you received fantastic service from Hilton.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

My son and I had dinner at Spur in the Mall of Africa, Waterfall Midrand. My son thoroughly enjoyed his meal but I was highly disappointed. I did not complain as I am not one to do so, however when one of the Managers, Martha, did her routine rounds to ask if everything was okay, I decided to let her know and made it clear that I don't want a refund or anything of that sort - I just felt it is necessary to let them know. Martha handled my complaint most professionally and had proved how important customer service is to their branch. I was served with a new meal swiftly, this time excellently prepared. The Senior Manager Sibusiso also visited our table to apologise and expressed how important their customers are to their restaurant. A huge 'Thank You' to the Management of Spur Mall of Africa for turning my lousy experience into a pleasant one in no time. My family will definitely be back there! Keep up the great team work guys!

Date of visit: April 2019
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Seven Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Hi Leelaw30,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. Our Seven Spur team are people with a taste for life. ;) Delivering excellent food and service is what we live for - glad you experienced just that!

We hope to offer you many more good experiences with us in the future.