“Fantastic Venue, Food, Staff and Ambience”
Review of The Pot Luck Club

The Pot Luck Club
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

WOW! This was my first time here. The Pot Luck Club is horrendously popular and definitely requires an awful lot of forethought to get in. We did get a booking (the later sitting) the view across the city is spectacular and I am sure the sunsets are wonderful. Our waiter was enthusiastic welcoming and very knowledgable - he was good with banter too. Ordering small dishes from the menu to share is a fabulous idea and keeps the variety going through the meal. The wine list was brilliant and again well done to our waiter for his knowledge of wine! I don't know how often they change the menu - The tuna on aubergine is fantastic and the pork belly is heavenly! A big plus - no annoying muzak. Such a beautiful dinner with no disappointment and well worth the wait.

1  Thank AlanJL61

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

What an absolute treat!
A truly hidden gem located in the somewhat industrial area of Cape Town- Pot Luck Club is just fabulous.
My husband had arranged a surprise lunch for me with some friends to celebrate my birthday.
The staff played along with the surprise until everyone arrived.
The views of the city and hat out are absolutely incredible and definitely add to the overall atmosphere of the restaurant.
We ordered a number of different dishes to share between us "tapas" style.
My favourite was the pork belly and I wasn't brave enough to try the fish tacos!
We had a wonderful waiter who explained the menu to us and provided great service.
Whilst friends found it a bit pricey the quality of the food and the overall experience far outweighs the price in my opinion.
We had a lovely day with delicious food and fantastic cocktails!
We are already planning our next visit!

1  Thank Ruth R
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to sample some of the best food fare in Cape Town. The tapas were exquisitely prepared and presented well. The atmosphere was lively. For some it might be a bit noisy, but that was part of the charm. Make derivations far in advance.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had a wonderful evening here for my son's birthday. We would not have known about this place but we had a good friend in Capetown who booked for us nearly 6 weeks before.
The atmosphere was excellent and the food 'to die for'. Our waiter Barry only added to our experience, he was fun and attentive and gave good advice on the wines.
It was our last night in Capetown before leaving at the end of our holiday and was a wonderful send off to an unforgettable time.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a fun and memorable evening here. We had high expectations given the reviews and we were not disappointed. The place has a great vibe and was very different to anywhere else we eat in the Western Cape. All of our dishes were lovely and full of flavour. The service was excellent. The cocktails were also delicious. It was one of the food highlights of our trip.