“Something new!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Was very excited about giving the Pot Luck Club a try, as I've only heard rave reviews!

I was very impressed with the food and drinks and the service was quick and professional!

Great job, I'll be back :)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A great view, relaxed atmosphere and nice quality food in tapas style, tasting different things in a timing you want. Noisy..yes but it did not bother us.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

In a wonderful setting, particularly at night when there is almost a 360 degree view of the lights of the city, a fabulously atmospheric restaurant has been created. Top chef Luke Dale-Roberts'influence is keenly felt in the eclectic mix of tapas offered, and one is encouraged to share a mix of various dishes. Delicious and memorable, however 2 small issues: very noisy and hence difficult to chat, and pretty expensive. Still, a great experience, well worth the wait (booking at elast 2 weeks in advance)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Pot Luck has recently opened and is under the same ownership as the Test Kitchen, currently one of the "in" places in Cape Town.

Pot Luck is on the top floor of the Old Biscuit Factory in Woodstock, previously a run down area. One accesses the restaurant via a glass lift.

It is noisy but the service is quick and efficient. Tapas style. We were four people and were told that around four dishes per person would be sufficient. In fact we would probably have managed with three each as the portions are good. A mix of fusion and traditional dishes. Not cheap by Cape Town standards. We paid around R650 a head (£50) but the experience was worthwhile and the wine good!!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Really like the ambiance and concept, but found myself still hungry - after sharing 9 'tapas' portion dishes between 3 of us.

Trendy - yes! Pretentious - I think so ..

Only one dish really stood out for me and that was the beef fillet. Had to order a 2nd of those to stave off the hunger - and I'm not a big eater at all.

Perhaps we had a 'bad' night but I can't say I really understand the hype on this one.