“Good steak at reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro 1800 - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We offer a range of succulent signature steaks, delectable meat dishes and shellfish. Our grill prepares our meat at a temperature of 1800° Fahrenheit. The result is moist, tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak, accompanied by a wide variety of mouth-watering sauces from around the world.With a stylish and contemporary feel, Bistro 1800 boasts a culinary offering, rich with international flavours and attracts local businessmen and professionals and other discerning restaurant goers in search of a refined, consistent and high quality offering.Whilst the Head Chef selects only the freshest seafood, meat is the star of the show at Bistro 1800 . Owner, Paschal Phelan, brings with him many years of experience in the meat industry in Ireland and, under his direction, his team ensures the best quality by inspecting suppliers' farms to maintain the highest standard of their meat offering.
Singapore, Singapore
“Good steak at reasonable price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and decided to tried out the restaurant. The meats tasted great, we had the springbok, the beef fillet and the sirloin for our main courses and were not disappointed. Price is reasonable as well, paid less than some of the top rated restaurants in V&A which are offered less in terms of both food and atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this review, January 12, 2014

Alberta
“It was just ok!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I tried Bistro because of my friends recommendation, i cant complain. Nice delicacies and romantic environment.

• Visited March 2013
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We at Bistro 1800 pride ourselves in giving our guests a memorable experience. Could I please ask you to explain our shortcomings in Bistro 1800 by emailing me personally on george.sakulias@18hundreddegrees.com so that we can improve on our standards. I have also taken up the issue of not getting back to you regarding the reservation you wanted to make with my management staff so as to prevent this from happening again.

I hope to welcome you back to Bistro 1800 in the near future and give you the experience that you expected

Regards

F & B Manager
London, United Kingdom
“Truly an excellent Dinner enjoyed by us all !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Entertained six people for dinner here due to local recommendations. It a smart place with smart service, good prices and fine range of food and wines. My first visit and I may stay here next time in town as it has a real 'buzz' and reminded me of several fine dining venues i like.

Very good steak and very fresh fish was enjoyed and we shall return

Visited November 2013
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Evening

Sydney, Australia
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

While staying at the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel in Cape Town we had the opportunity to have a number of meals in the restaurant, ranging from brunch on the terrace to complete meals in the restaurant. In fact, the food was so good we chose to eat in the restaurant most evenings.
Great food, great service.

• Visited October 2013
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this review, November 17, 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lamb Shank to die for!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

People say that you can judge a restaurant by its consistent food. Well, I can definitely say that it's true at Bistro 1800! This is the second time I have been to the restaurant in the last few months and I was definitely not disappointed. Every meal from my son's chicken nuggets to my starter of brown mushrooms and of course, the lamb shank was excellent! The lamb shank was cooked to perfection. The meat fell of the bone and the accompanying mash and vegetables were cooked perfectly. To add to this, the service was friendly and professional and I felt as if I was the only table in the restaurant. I will definitely be going back soon and tell all about my magnificent experience at Bistro 1800.

• Visited November 2013
George S, Manager at Bistro 1800, responded to this review, November 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to review our restaurant.

We at Bistro 1800 strive to give our guests a memorable experience and always try to improve our standards on a daily basis. It is always pleasing to hear that we met the guest's expectations.