“Worth a try”
Review of Bistro 1800 - CLOSED

Bistro 1800
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a range of succulent signature steaks, delectable meat dishes and shellfish. Our grill prepares our meat at a temperature of 1800° Fahrenheit. The result is moist, tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak, accompanied by a wide variety of mouth-watering sauces from around the world.With a stylish and contemporary feel, Bistro 1800 boasts a culinary offering, rich with international flavours and attracts local businessmen and professionals and other discerning restaurant goers in search of a refined, consistent and high quality offering.Whilst the Head Chef selects only the freshest seafood, meat is the star of the show at Bistro 1800 . Owner, Paschal Phelan, brings with him many years of experience in the meat industry in Ireland and, under his direction, his team ensures the best quality by inspecting suppliers' farms to maintain the highest standard of their meat offering.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Good service, nice and friendly staff and the food was good but not great. We went here with our two kids, 4 and 6 and they loved the chicken nuggets. Nice and good but not a five star restaurant
but I can still recommend it.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The included breakfast buffet for those staying at Cape Royale had everything on it you could want...and if it wasn't there, they'd bring it to you!

We ate dinner here a couple of times, prices are reasonable & food was excellent, variety good...service impeccable!

1  Thank LookingForFamilyFun
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Booked dinner for my sisters graduation.The best service, from booking to payment, that we have had in a long time. A relaxing atmosphere, delicious meal and all round exceptional evening!

1  Thank Reecesd
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel and THE '1800 ' restaurant within this grand hotel, is the best i have had the pleasure to stay and dine in.
My wife and i are in are 60 yrs old, stayed there after a cruise, we are seasoned travellers and do not offer praise lighty

The staff are 1st class, as you would expect from this world luxury WINNING hotel.

The price for this experience is very affordable.

WELL DONE TO ALL AT CAPE ROYALE & 1800 RESTURAUNT.

LORD & LADY MARTIN

2  Thank JOJOJOCornwall
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I ordered room service whilst staying at the Cape Royale hotel. We were not disappointed. I ordered a slow roasted lamb shank, whivh simply fell off the bone, and my husband ordered a fillet steak which was divine. I cannot comment on the actual restaurant as it was only room service, but if the food was anything to go by, I am sure that it was as wonderful as the food. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and when we are back in Cape Town we will be sure to visit 1800 again.

1  Thank emmadurban