“Our tours of Cape Town with PG Tops” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours

PG Tops Travel and Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We do what we love and we love what we do. PG Tops and sister company Luxury Safaris promises to show you why Cape Town, the Garden Route and our wonderful wildlife and game parks ensure the holiday of a lifetime! All tours are fully private and customized.
new york city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our tours of Cape Town with PG Tops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The six of us (including four 20+ year olds) just returned from South Africa and had an extraordinary experience with PG Tops tours of Cape Town and the surrounding area. Pieter (our tour guide) was highly informative, easily kept our interest for the entire trip, and was able to relate to everyone in our group, but particularly to the 20+ year olds who had never been to Cape Town before. His knowledge is exceptional, which is often true of guides, but most importantly, he was able to make the trip a highly personalized experience for each person in our group. His colleague, Godfrey, who took us on a township tour of Langa was also extraordinary. We would all highly recommend both of them to any family that is travelling to South Africa.

1 Thank pearlp

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Cannot say enough good things about Pieter, we spent two days with him on a guided tour of Cape Town and the surrounding areas, and each day was jam-packed with wonderful adventures! Pieter was a breeze to deal with and so flexible, we got his name from a coworker only a few days before we were heading to CT and luckily he had space for us, so a few emails later we were all sorted. We spent a wonderful day in wine country and one doing the peninsula drive, and I can't imagine how they could've been better. His knowledge of the area is top notch, but what really made this trip such a pleasure is his attention to detail and getting all the small things right. He struck a great balance of giving us some options on stuff to do, but without making it seem like we were doing all the work, and he was flexible as our plans changed (or the weather) so we always had something on tap next. The most important thing is that he's just a great guy, someone you will enjoy spending time with (as are his colleagues I'm sure) and I have a lot of respect for the fact that he just started this business up himself and cares so deeply about it. Highest compliment I can give is that I never felt over the course of two days like we were on a guided tour, it truly felt like we had a friend in town who was showing us around.

Great job Pieter, thanks for all the great memories, and we hope to see you on another trip to CT soon!
Mike&Alison

1 Thank sulliclm
New York City, New York
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Pieter and his team are absolutely wonderful and made our trip to South Africa one of the most memorable experiences of my life! Each and every one of the guides I met were charismatic, funny and knowledgeable. I visited Cape Town with my boyfriend and his family for a brief but wonderful 3 days. Roelof picked us up from the airport and was such a breath of fresh air after the grueling trip from the States. Godfrey took us on a township tour in Langa the next day which was a truly life changing experience. The third day we met Pieter for a dramatic car trip down the coast to the Cape of Good Hope. Pieter is intelligent, fun, and can always be counted on to tell a Chuck Norris joke or five :) Ask him to play some South African pop music for you... I promise you won't be disappointed! I give PG Tops my highest recommendation and hope to travel with them again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flawless!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

On a scale of 1 to 10 I’d give PG Tops Tours a 12! From the immediate response to my email inquiry (by Pieter who was actually on a mountain in the middle of a hike) right down to the end of our 2 days of touring with our guide, Roelf, PG demonstrated professionalism while providing top-notch service. We are 3 young professionals from Canada working in Johannesburg for 2 months and thus we only had one long weekend to spend in Cape Town. Not only was PG tours able to provide us with a private tour (in a swanky BMW) which hit all the spots on our must-see lists but as Roelf got to know us he made recommendations for additional stops which he thought we would enjoy. Our guide was fully prepared with contact information for all the tourist hot spots (and a number of local places too) to ensure that our tour was flawless. Roelf was extremely knowledgeable about pretty much everything and he was fun to hang out with as well! By the end of our tour we definitely felt as though we had made a new friend. I would definitely recommend PG tours for anyone visiting Cape Town – I know I’ll be calling them next time I come back!

1 Thank Erin R
New Jersey, USA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Look no further than PG tours! When my 26-year old son and I travelled to Cape Town (we stayed for 3 nights before going on safari) PG coordinated everything, and absolutely flawlessly. Prior to our arrival, I contacted them and every question (there were a lot) were answered promptly and fully. They even arranged a ½ day sandboaring tour for my son with a reputable adventure company.
We took the all day Cape Point tour as well as the ½ day wine tasting. Both private tours were guided by Yolanda who was both informative and an absolute pleasure to be around. Her knowledge and friendly demeanor really made our time in Cape Town. The cars were very comfortable and Yolanda made us feel really welcomed. She tirelessly stopped at every photo spot and took some wonderful pictures for us. She even made hard-to get reservations at the famous La Petite Ferme restaurant and it was wonderful! In summary, PG Tours did a wonderful job and really seemed to go above and beyond to make sure that we had the best experience possible, and we did! Both of us would highly recommend them.

Visited May 2012