“A fabulous meal in an awesome location”

Harbour House V&A Waterfront
Ranked #101 of 1,228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As the Waterfront is so touristy and the location of this restaruarant is so magnificent, i thought that the food would be compromised. I was so wrong! It was superb. We had a selection of starters as there were too many delicious options. (delicious mussels, fabulous gnocci,yummy calamari). the seafood platter being delivered to other tables looked like something we really needed to come back for when we were really hungry and could do justice to. I have had many great meals at their original Kalk Bay restaurant, but this was possibly even better.

1  Thank Vicki B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,065)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We always visited this restaurant in Kalk Bay on our Cape Town visits .The sister restaurant at The Waterfront although very different is just as good.It is more upmarket , fantastic atmosphere, very buzzy in a great location with a beautiful outlook.
The fish as always,superb...we had a salad to start and then the chef's recommendation of Cob and Yellowtail well flavoured and simply grilled with fresh green vegetables as accompaniments
It was a stunning evening superb food, great service and we just loved the whole experience!
We will be back!

1  Thank shats
Reviewed February 24, 2013

It is not really fair for me to review this restaurant as I do not eat seafood. The menu for me was disappointing with mainly fish, sushi and seafood. I started with the beef tataki which wasn't the best I have tasted but the finely sliced veggies were crisp, fresh and heavenly. I eventually decided on the cob which was good but nothing that special. The others raved about the sushi which looked incredible.

I couldn't resist ordering the caramelised lemon tart, choc icecream and raspberry coulis. Wow it was definitely worth the calories!

On arrival it took us a while to be seated as the restaurant was packed and we wanted an outside table. Once seated, after fifteen minutes of being ignored by the many waiters we had to call somebody. From then on the service improved and we enjoyed a good meal.

I could quite easily have spent the entire day there right on the harbour with magical views and people watching. The restaurant is rather pricey and it would be great if there were a few more options.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

There are so many restaurants on the Waterfront, but Harbour House is hard to beat, particularly if you like fish. Its probably not the most innovative menu, but the total package of the location, atmosphere, food, drink and service makes it the best restaurant we experienced on the Waterfront.

The clientele, like the menu, was quite upmarket and there was a definite buzz to the restaurant, as befits its location in the heart of the Waterfront. The sushi salad was great and the line fish specials (they change every day) was delicious. The place was full, so service was not rapid, but we were not looking to be rushed out of the restaurant either so this was fine.

Would certainly recommend and go back on our next visit

1  Thank JSM8
Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a treat this was for us on our first night on arriving to Capetown, really excellent food, a bit crowded which affects the service speed a bit but nothing major, the price of good food I guess. Try the lobster (or whatever is equal to the lobster in ZA)

1  Thank desertmirage