“Excellent Hiking Experience!”

Hike Table Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike Table Mountain is an owner-operated mountain guiding business specializing in hikes and climbs on Table Mountain and around Cape Point. A passion for nature and mountains coupled with a commitment to service excellence lies at the heartbeat of what we do, ensuring you get the ultimate mountain experience. Run by qualified, accredited, attentive and highly-experienced mountain guides. All hikes and climbs are customized to suit your level of fitness and sense of adventure. We are the only guiding company offering hikes up all routes on Table Mountain. Whether you are a first-time hiker or seasoned trekker, adrenalin junky or nature lover, we make sure you get the experience you are looking for.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went up Table Mountain twice with Riaan. We did the India Venster route first and a week later the long route via the Twelve Apostels. Riaan did an excellent job! Having explained my preferences he recommended the best routes to me, put me together with a small group of other hikers and guided us up the mountain. Even my rather individual wished were taken into consideration! He's an absolute expert of the region, flora, fauna etc. etc. and knows every path in the area! So, if you want to have a day hiking up the mountain call Riaan and be sure to have a great time!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We hiked up Table Mountain on the 'India Venster' trail. Riaan is a very trustworthy and knowledgeable guide who augmented not only our hike, but our entire holiday in South-Africa with so many excellent tips.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our hike up Table Mountain with guide Riann was an experience of a lifetime. We thoroughly enjoyed his expertise on so many aspects of the climb including unique flora of the mountain, terrain, various routes, local history, and specifics of mountain climbing. He was knowledgeable, encouraging, experienced, and professional. We highly recommend climbing Table Mountain for those who want to experience its rugged natural beauty, and specifically recommend hiring Riann as the guide.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A friend of mine and I hiked up Lion's head with Riaan as our guide. Overall, a great hike and great view! Riaan was very knowledgable & experienced. On our next visit, I'm hoping to hike up Table Mountain.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

What can we say that the other reviewers haven't said already. Hiking Table Mountain is a must, and was one of the highlights of our honeymoon to South Africa. As we look back on the trip, I strongly feel the hike itself was more memorable and helped us connect with South Africa much more than the beautiful views once you get to the top.

A huge reason for this great experience was Riaan taking us up India Venster. My wife and I are both in decent shape, but have no climbing experience and we found this hike to be a perfect blend of challenging and enjoyable. Riann is great about helping you through difficult parts (or "scrambling") and is equally proficient about the history and wildlife of the mountain.

The hike with Riann is a must. You will only know what I mean once you are taking the cable car down and realize how satisfying the climb was.

1  Thank Steve K