“Be very careful with the housekeeper”

Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore
Ranked #47 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at this property for a week in early March. One night while I was in the shower, the cleaning lady came in to bring a bottled water as part of the regular service. She must had thought that there was not anyone in the room. When I finished my shower and opened the bathroom door, to my surprise, I saw her sitting on the floor right in front of my luggage and her hands was going through my luggage checking for things (to steal maybe?). I was so shocked and asked her what she was doing. She abruptly said bye and quickly ran off through the door. What an unpleasant thing to encounter that night. Good thing I came out from the shower in time before having anything missing from my luggage. So please be very careful when you stay in this property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan D
ParkInn-byRadissonCT, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Dan D

Thank you for making us aware of the situation you encountered. We take allegations of this nature very seriously as our guests' safety and security is one of our top priorities. A full investigation has been conducted and we have taken the needed action.

Thank you for the information you offered which assisted us in the investigation and for taking the time to comment and rate your recent stay with us. We value all feedback from our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. The staff was, again, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. I would stay here again the next time I come to Cape Town. One nice thing was the location within walking distance of the Market Area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Diana R
ParkInn-byRadissonCT, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Greetings Diana R,

I would like to thank you for taking a moment to comment on your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that this past stay was just as pleasant as your first.

We are more than happy to become your home away from home.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Park Inn has large and modern rooms arranged around a small atrium. It's a mid range staple with nothing exciting and nothing terrible, a pleasant place to sleep after a day of meeitngs but it won't be featuring in Conde Naste Traveller any time soon. The air con worked, the bed was comfortable and the shower was spacious, powerful and hot. The gym is tiny and several of the machines were out of action, but the internet was fast and efficient. Grant on the reception was friendly and the waitresses were warm and kindly too.

The cafe downstairs has a modern ambience and serves some tasty fruit smoothies in the morning. Cappucinos are R18 extra at breakfast (the house coffee has little to recommend it) but the bacon, beans and eggs are good quality. In fact the short order chef whipped up one of the largest and tastiest omelettes I have ever had in a hotel, even finishing it under the grill.

The location is perfect for running as you can jog the 6km to Sea Point past the docks and the Somerset hospital, and run back. It was a quiet place to sleep off my jetlag and then lace up my trainers at 6.30 when the sun came up, and run.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear George H,

Thank you for the honest review. It is much appreciated.
We are glad that you had a chance to experience our facilities and friendly staff. I am glad to report that the issues with our Gym equipment has been resolved. Our location is another aspect that we pride ourselves on and we're delighted that that worked in your favour.

We look forward to hosting you again on fiture travels to Cape Town.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Standard Park Inn - rooms are of modern design with all its quirks. Glass or no door towards the sink/shower area; no door just a open rail to hang clothes on, nowhere to put your shoes out of sight!?
Otherwise, perfectly clean and maintained. Rooms have what you need, wifi reception is rock solid
Parking your own car takes some skill, driving up and down near vertical ramps.
Breakfast is very good, and the rooftop bar is great for a drink

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 100NowWhereTo
ParkInn-byRadissonCT, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Grettings 100NowWhereTo,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Sunroof Terrace. We look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to delight you even more.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The most important and unpleasant thing for me was that I did arrive at 23h from Europe (after 16 hours flying) and I couldn't have even a sandwich. They told me that Kitchen was closed. Then, no one bottle of water in my room: fridge completely empty. Surprising for an international hotel. However good breakfast and acceptable room. Acceptable price. Poor wifi acces from the room. Good location. Business services quite poor: wifi, coffee breaks, i eanted to come with my wife but definitely will not do it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ParkInn-byRadissonCT, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologise for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

To offer some feedback, I apologise that we did not offer you something to eat after your late arrival. We do offer a select menu of light meals once our kitchen has closed and I will be investigating into why this was not extended to you at the time. Complimentary water is delivered to our Business Friendly Rooms and One Bedroom Suites during turn-down service. Unfortunately this is not customary for our Standard Rooms. The in-room mini bar is also only stocked on request. This can be requested while concluding the reservation or once checked-in. We have found that most of guests prefer an empty mini bar fridge to use for their own items.
We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed at Park Inn in the Carlson hotel group for the first time. I was expecting this to be a lower brand than the Radisson its self but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very good with spacious, very comfortable and fully equipped rooms. Was even better than some of the Raddison hotels I have stayed in other countries. The location is also very good with quick access to V&A waterfront, table mountain and other areas of interest.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the table mountain view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IncredibleXperiences
ParkInn-byRadissonCT, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello Globby301,

Thank you for the great review and rating. This is definitely a feather is our cap.
We are delighted to have been able to exceed your expectations and hope that your travels bring you back to our door in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff and an amazing roof top restaurant with fantastic views on table moutain. Stayed there last month and had a delicious dinner on the roof top - wish to be there right now. Thanks once again to General Manager Mr. Jim Schleich - who speaks German - for the plesant stay.
We will come again for sure.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Michael H

Dear Michael H,

We appreciate you taking a moment to rate and review your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities, especially the Sunroof Terrace.

Hosting you was our pleasure.