Stayed at Amalfi for 3 nights as a couple, and overall we were happy.
- Kind and helpful reception staff, good consistent cleaning staff.
- Staff helped bring in our bags from the Amalfi parking lot where we parked our hire car. We found the parking convenient and safe.
- The position is excellent. Convenient to hop in the car and drive anywhere.
- Close to all amenities, you couldn't ask for a much better location.
- The room and bathroom were both clean. The aircon was great. The flatscreen TV was nice to have but we didn't make much use of it being on holiday.
- We thought we got a great room with a small seaview, on the left hand side corner of the building, on the first floor. We had a nice balcony and thought that the sea side and sea view would be a real treat, but it wasn't. For some reason THE BIRDS do not sleep in Sea Point, and they kept me up all night every night. Sounded like a bunch of Hardy Da's all night long. Also, the building is situated close to the neighbouring building, and we were kept up all night by an arguing couple in a flat in the building next door overlooking our room.
- The toilet seat of our toilet was rather small and uncomfortable, although it was clean.
- The basin in the bathroom was close to the mirror and i found the space small when i had to brush my teeth.
- The bed in our suite was a double bed, and not a queen size which was quite small for us being used to a king size at home.
- The one night we arrived back at Amalfi late and almost didnt find any parking bays left, we were lucky enough to squeeze into a tight spot. The next morning we were inconveniently disturbed to move our hire car in the parking lot as the wall next to the car needed to be painted. They should have cordoned off the area or informed us the day before.
- The kitchen cutlery and crockery is very mediocre and average. Did the job, but no more.
Would i stay here again? Yes. It is great value for money.
And also in most likelihood we would stay in a different room with different amenities etc. Every room has different beds and different fridges and furniture and stuff, so there is little consistency and you may be luckier in some rooms with bigger or better beds, etc, than others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aamlfi is a non smoking, air conditioned building in Sea Point, Cape town, near beaches, shops, restaurants, with a gym and health spa on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Amalfi Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Amalfi Atlantic Hotel Cape Town, South Africa