“Perfect Steak House”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone 021 914 1658Email cattlebaron@telkomsa.net
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent steaks. If you want to indulge your protein side, this is an excellent choice. A bit expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this restaurant. In my opinion it's the best restaurant in Bellville.

There are newer reviews for The Cattle Baron Grill House

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm obviously out on a limb here. I think the whole formulaic things doesn't work. Try asking for a steak without any sticky barbecue sauce. It'll appear with only a little sugary barbecue sauce. That's because it's a formula. And if works for you, go for it. Don't expect anything they haven't thought about. Staff excellent...just automata.
But for my part..busy..inflexible...not great steaks actually. There's better around.
But I'm in a minority.
:>)

1  Thank ozzertjie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times and not once I was not satisfied. Just do NOT order their specials - the steaks are then not so juicy. It is a small intimate restaurant with scenes over the waterfront. It also has smokers tables outside on the deck. Their prices are not cheap but they do not charge corkage if you should bring your own wine. Book early to be not dissapointed

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent steaks, excellent service, excellent wine, excellent atmosphere. What else can I say? This is a must for Steak Lovers.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a must-visit. Romantic setting with dimmed lights and 'candle-lights' on table, whether for a couple or a group. We were a party of 5, who were served by a knowledgeable and friendly waiter, (don't remember his name now) who gave us dinner suggestions. We all went for the special, (if I can remember correctly, as this was in April 2012) was a steak, with 2 sides. The mushrooms was to die for, totally loved the pumpkin and broccoli's to. Each plate came with potato wedges. We ended off the evening with Dom Pedros. What an awesome evening it was, before I flew back to California. I'll definitely visit this restaurant when I visit again next year.