“A disappointment on a special day”
Review of Reuben's

Reuben's
Ranked #138 of 1,202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

we heard so much about this restaurant, but we should have known its the name only.A special day - a special disappointment. Starter and dessert excellent, but the main course disaster. Bad presentation, mashed potatoes colorless and full of gluten and presentation non existent. The main meals have been cooked without passion and love for food, as the crackling was non existent. Lamb was flavorless and we ate better in pubs. Maybe a bad day, but we will not come so quickly again. Professional approach to our complain. Music not fitting the restaurant. You have to try it yourself - maybe not the right day

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I took some clients to breakfast and experienced shocking service and poor food. I twice had to ask the bored-looking waiters to serve coffee to my guest and to bring the menus, even though the restaurant was almost empty. 5 of us ordered poached Eggs Benedict and in each case the eggs were hard boiled! At the second attempt they were done correctly. The waffles were undercooked and only the edges were edible. At R225 per person, I will not be a repeat customer.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having dined at Reuben's in Franschhoek I was looking forward to eating here. The hotel it is situated in is huge and very ostentatious, likewise the restaurant space. There was absolutely no atmosphere at all which is a shame as it is one of the factors to make a meal out a special experience. The staff were lovely but rather over-rehearsed with their charm and hard sell. The food itself was great and did not disappoint - beautiful and delicious. however I was annoyed to find that a lunchtime special deal advertised online was not available so what was meant to be a cleverly priced lunch turned into an expensive a la carte one. Overall I would not bother when there are so many amazing dining options nearby or in town. Not a patch on the original in the winelands.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

For our 16th Wedding Anniversary, my husband and I went to Reuben's Restaurant at the One and Only Hotel. I had a mussel starter, Pork Belly mains, and Cannelloni desert - I have never tasted Pork prepared so superbly in my life before, and it is clear why Reuben's is such a popular restaurant to visit. After our meal, we were surprised with a specially prepared desert to congratulate us on our Anniversary. It is not often that you get such personal attention, and that restaurants make their guests feel so special. Reuben's is really a "must visit" restaurant, and I will always go back there and always recommend it to my friends!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

As a hotel guest, we had breakfast included. They have a great buffet as well as made to order. Many choices, excellent quality and great service.