“Poor service”
Review of Mr Rib

Ranked #782 of 1,171 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed April 29, 2012

On sunday, 29 April 2012, we went to Mr Rib in Goodwood to order lunch for the family. We arrived a little early, 11:40 am and they told us that they only open at 12:00. We left and returned at 12:25 only to be told that they cannot serve us as the Manager is not there. He went to pick up guys and he's got the keys, so they can't open the gate. I asked them what time he'll be back and the reply was: " I cannot say, I phoned him and he said he's on his way but honestly I cannot say if it will be half an hour or an hour."

What company or restaurant as a matter of fact, does business this way? Do they want business or not?

1  Thank Nicolene P
MisterRib, Owner at Mr Rib, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Hi
I have no Idea how this story comes together.
I was on the way to buy Gas! (We have "again" a Gas shortage in Cape Town)
We are not allowed to store more than 2 x 19KG Bottles in the Store (Fire Department)
so we where very busy on Fri+Sat and run out of Gas.
I spend 2,5 Hours in the Car to find Gas (32 Filling Stations)
I think this is a good Service!
Only sorry, that my Staff didn't get you the whole Story!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Went to Mr Rib twice the last couple of weeks because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor, it was closed both times even though the homepage clearly states the trading hours without any exceptions posted on the web page or on the Facebook page. Not even any info about closing for summer (?) on the door. Not gonna try again, if the manager of this place doesn't bother informing about changed opening hours, why should i bother coming back - a third time...

1  Thank 4dr1an
MisterRib, Owner at Mr Rib, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Sorry, my mistake! I missed the Online Menu!
Goodwood is open: Mon - Wed from 16:30 to 23:00 and from Thu on 24 Hours!
Please give us another chance! The Ribs are really good!

Thanks and sorry again!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Finally CT has taste what ribs should taste like. Portions and price are congruent and service is good. Thank you Mr Rib and your team for making my take-away meals something special.

MisterRib, Owner at Mr Rib, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Hi Mornay
Thanks for the great review! We try to make every customer as happy as you are!
We open 2 more branches this month and are confident to hold our standard!
Thanks again

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have tasted various ribs from various places and yes, some are good and some are very good but! the ribs from Mr Rib is simply the best!
The portions are generous, the value for your money is excellent - what more can I say? It is magnificent!!
You simply have to have ribs from Mr Rib
Hugh & Sonja Young

2  Thank TheYoungs2009
MisterRib, Owner at Mr Rib, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Big thanks to the Young's!
we just started, and got so much support from you guys!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Hey gays that is really called mr rib. I never have eaten better ribs then at that place.
gross with a perfect test.. I just have missed a nice glass of wine with the ribs. But the
ribs are outstanding. You also have to try the rib burger, its a burger with real rib strips.
harold winebar, harold

2  Thank hast36
MisterRib, Owner at Mr Rib, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thanks Harold!
to get a Liqueur Licence in South Africa is a schlep! But maybe in the future Ribs&Wine.
Try my best to speed it up!