Review Highlights
Amazing Tanzania!

We booked this trip through Costco Travel, who works with Lion World Travel and Leopard Tours. We... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mkim761
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
The Experience of a Life Time

Just returned from a Lion World city and safari trip organized for us by specialist, Cheryl Gould... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
abpie68

Recommended experiences in and around Cape Town Central
from $17.03
from $458.83
from $90.38
from $104.28
More Info
All reviews cheryl gould jackalberry lodge victoria falls apostles hotel game drives leopard tours table bay hotel south africa shamwari game reserve zambezi river ngorongoro crater tented safari kenya and tanzania costco travel du preez african adventure southern camp
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ours was a once in a lifetime vacation and it all started with Liz K our travel advisor. We feel as though we have gained a friend in Liz and it was immediate as her kind and gracious spirit proved itself with her attention to every detail of our trip. The selected hotel/lodges were perfect and Liz provided advance notice of some mobility issues we had. Arusha Coffee Lodge, Tarargerie Treetops, Gibb's Farm and Serengeti Bushtops allowed us to safari then refresh with in room massages and gourmet food at each and every destination.
The safari drivers/rangers as they are called were very knowledgeable and provided information about the literally 10's of thousands of animals we saw. The rangers spoke about animal behaviors, lifespans, habitats and other interesting aspects of the varied widelife. We saw the Big 5 and Great migration crossing. Even took a picture of the sunsetting on the Serengeti that would earn a National Geographic Prize. Great and inspiring. Thanks Liz.

1  Thank Steven S
LeeannLWT, General Manager at Lion World Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Steven,
Thank you for your very kind words about Liz, who is truly one of our superstar safari experts here at Lion World Travel! Your trip sounds like it was an absolute success, which is lovely to hear. I would trade a day in the office for a sunset over the Serengeti any day, such a magical experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband Doug and I just returned from Lionworld Travel’s “Pride of South Africa” 12 day tour and it was a fantastic experience from start to finished. Our agent, Carlene was so helpful from start to finish and the detailed itinerary and other documents left no questions unanswered. We had been searching for just the right South African “tour” for a few years. Something that would include Cape Town and Safari, guided, very small group (there were only 6 of us including my husband and I), but with plenty of free time to explore on our own. This tour was exactly what we were looking for with the added bonus of a stay at a beachside resort in Durban at then end of the trip that was the perfect way to conclude our journey. The accommodations were 5 ⭐️all the way. From the incredible views from the 12 Apostles Hotel in Cape Town, to the small, intimate Amakhosi Safari Lodge private reserve in Pongola with it’s incredible staff and first class cuisine, to The Oyster Box Hotel (which is one of the prettiest, most delightful resort hotels I have ever stayed in) this was one of the best holidays we have ever spent (and we are seasoned travelers). I would absolutely book another African adventure with Lionworld Travel and will do so when we next venture back to the African continent. And I must say that although a 2 week holiday from the USA to South Africa isn’t cheap, I found the the rate for this holiday was very reasonable considering all it included and some of the top rated, award winning, accommodations to be had in South Africa.

Dear Guest,
It sounds like we managed to tick all the right boxes for you to enjoy our signature Affordable Luxury safari experience. 5-star is what strive for, not only with the safari experiences we put together, but the service our team provides. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your safari!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I just completed the Lion World Travel "Tented Safari Experience." I cannot begin to describe the pleasure and excitement this trip brought us. As fairly experienced travelers, I cannot honestly remember when a tour was planned and executed in such a perfect manner. All details were coordinated perfectly. We did not have to worry about anything. More importantly, the whole tour was a joy to experience. The Twelve Apostles Hotel in Cape Town is a very elegant, first rate hotel. The facility is beautifully maintained and the staff is excellently trained. (See my separate review of Twelve Apostles). Of course, none of this would matter unless the Safari experience is outstanding. The Safari portion of the tour far exceeded our expectations. The Shamwari Game Reserve is a marvelous facility that provides a close up and very personal contact with a large variety of animals. The Bayethe Lodge is a well maintained and well run facility with an excellent staff. The guides/trackers are knowledgeable and very informative. (See my separate review of Shamwari). In summary, we had a great time and felt there was a significant value for the money we spent. Leeann Phayre-Mallo| and her entire Lion World Travel staff do an exceptional job of not only coordinating all of the details of the trip, but they are also very responsive to the individual requests we made. All changes were made so that it was seamless to us. Thanks to everyone who made this such a memorable experience.

Dear Norm,
Your detailed review will surely be helpful for future safari-goers. We all greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to write about Lion World Travel and your safari experience in South Africa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To say my recent trip to South Africa was a dream come true was beyond compare !! Cape Town is absolutely beautiful with Table Mountain and the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean views at Twelve Apostles Hotel was exceptional ! Staff could not have been kinder and more generous to myself and my son while we stayed there ! Hands off to my travel agent , Elizabeth Panchyshyn at Lion Travel for all her assistance and providing us a well planned and executed travel experience ! Next was our three day stay at Shamwari Preserve near Port Elizabeth. To have the honor to be surrounded by such beautiful and FREE wild animals was humbling and something I will carry with me forever. Our driver , Mino was exceptional and provided us with amazing viewing experiences. He was kind, funny and I felt like I had found a true kindred friend when I left there! We had an incredible stay , and the Bayethe cabins were great ! My son and I also went shark diving and was great as well. All in all a stupendous experience, wonderful and kind people throughout our trip, and memories I will cherish for always. Highly recommend !!!!!!

Date of experience: September 2019
LeeannLWT, General Manager at Lion World Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lynn,
Thank you for this stupendous review (what a great word!)
South Africa offers an ideal mix of comfort and adventure on a safari experience, and Cape Town + Shamwari combine to showcase this mix beautifully. We're so happy your Lion World Travel safari was a dream come true.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have traveled to many places around the world and this, by far, was absolutely the best experience! As we were preparing to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, we looked into several different vacation spots and quickly settled on a trip to Cape Town, South Africa and a safari at Shamwari Reserve. We purchased our trip through Costco and were directed to Lion World Travel, where Jean Kadenhe helped us set up the trip. We added a couple of extra days onto our trip and Jean set that up as well. The long flight is well worth it. We had a wonderful and informative travel guide, Basil, who spent two days with us traveling from Cape Town to various scenic spots such as Cape of Good Hope, seeing penguins and seals, touring the wine country, and tasting delicious foods. Our accommodations and the staff at The 12 Apostles were fabulous and they made our anniversary extraordinary. After several days, we were off to Shamwari, where again the people and setting were warm and inviting. Our ranger for 3 days was Meno. Everyone in our truck fell in love with him!! Meno found the animals, explained their habits, discussed the seriousness of endangered animals, got us up as close as safely possible, entertained us with stories and became our friend. I actually cried tears when we had to leave the people of Shamwari. My husband and I will be coming back!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Ki W

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary milestone! To learn about the wildlife of Africa, and not just photograph it, is an important takeaway. Many people are doing great work to ensure future generations of travelers can enjoy the same experiences we can enjoy today, and Shamwari does a fantastic job at this. We're very happy you enjoyed your Lion World Travel safari and plan to return again!