“Stoked the next level”

Experience the Stoke Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have returned once again to Stoke for yet another awesome surf experience.

The team consists of a new couch and they have new products like Yoga-surf or Surf-laties...which takes surfers to the intermediate level. I did not take advantage of these lessons but opted for a private and group intermediate lesson.

The first thing that I was told-once again-is that I was using the wrong board, but after using one of Stokes mini miles I quickly saw why.
The intermediate lesson was in more detail and the coach looked at body posture from paddling to wiping out on a monster wave in big bay :)
The lesson was more technical than the beginner lessons and my faults were quickly exposed. Saying that, the technicality was just right for my level and Tash kept it nice and simple.

We also did a bit more wave appreciation and better positioning on waves.
I was very impressed and so was my friend I took along on the second lesson.

As in the rest of my experiences with Stoked the coaches, and the absolute awesome vibe and energy they do things with,I again had an amazing experience.

If you are looking to take your surfing to an intermediate level and really learn more technical skills seek no further, you have found the perfect place here.

I want to increase my skills so I can go on surfing trips to South America and Indonesia and for that Ill be returning to Stoked in a few weeks for more intermediate lessons.

The price is a steel and my advice is to book early because spots on all their trips and session go fast. You are collected from your hotel, they supply the boards and wet-suits and all you need is to rock up.

The scenery is amazing, the company fun, the experiences everlasting and the stoked feeling after an incredible surf...indescribable! I will keep on going back for more and more, Thanks Michelle and Tasha, what an amazing day.

All reviews
in 31 reviews
in 61 reviews
in 24 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had my first surf lesson with Michelle at Muizenberg. I will definitely recommend Stoked to anybody wanting to learn how to surf. This was not my first surfing experience, but Michelle was very patient and pointed out some faults in my technique, which helped in standing on the board and we got a couple of really nice pics of the day. Thanks Michelle and Stoked for an awesome experience.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked lesson from NZ, "Stoked" team very easy to deal with, answered messages promptly and no trouble at all to sort everything whilst still in NZ..... daughter LOVED it ..... next time will look to do one of the surf "tours" on offer!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Michelle is great! As well as the other instructor helping. The water was a little chilly, but they do provide wet suits. My husband and I had a great time. I haven't surfed before, but with the short lesson was able to get up a few times! The other instructor could see I was struggling trying to get back into position to catch a wave, so it was really helpful that he could grab my board and help position me - plus, he could give a little push to help too! They made sure everyone was progressing and getting up; class size was perfect.

The other benefit was photos! Michelle has her waterproof camera and provides FaceBook and high res photos (at request) for free. She caught pretty much everyone catching a wave, and some funny falls too! I think she goes the extra mile with this perk.

Everyone should try to get "stoked" sometime with a lesson from Michelle!