“Absolutely stoked !”

Experience the Stoke Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went twice surfing with Michelle and had a brilliant time ! The instruction was great and an awesome intro to surfing at big bay. Can't wait to get out there again. Mich spent a lot of time trying to get my girlfriend standing up on the board and we got some fab photos to make those jealous back home !

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"skills"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife, son (11 years) and myself visited Cape Town last week and did surfing for the first time. Our instructor, Lecster (sorry if mis-spelt the name), was good and patient. Though we couldn't learn to stand on the board, we were able to sit and do a bit of surfing. It was a nice experience Michelle is good and she knows her business well. I recommend her company to fellow travellers.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Michelle runs a tremendous operation! My children (15, 13 & 10) and I had an absolute blast! She and her staff were hands on from start to finish. The instruction on the beach and in the water enabled all of us to get up and feel like pro's (even if we know we are not). Kids were asleep in the car ride back with smiles on their faces! A must do when in Cape Town!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first 2 hours of surfing and I actually stood up and was riding one wave after another. Thanks to Michelle & SJ who created such a great atmosphere that it felt more like having fun with friends in the water than taking a surf lesson.

Stoked School of Surf is absolutely recommended to everyone who spends time in Cape Town and wants to 'experience the stoke'. These two ladies share the stoke with you for sure.

Start saving money for my own wetsuit and surfboard. I see you in the water!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 22, 2012

First time surfing and so glad I went with stoked surf school. Had a blast. Learnt loads about the sport and had an awesome time surfing and having fun. Within 20 minutes your in the water and in no time getting the hang of things as the coaches are really helpfull correcting any mistakes. Coaches Michelle and Jelly have awesome fun postive personalities that just make the experience that much better. Thanks again and looking forward to coming back for more!

1  Thank JarredJardine