“Surfing made easy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stoked School of Surf Lessons & Surf Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Surfing made easy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Highly recommended! An unforgettable experience. I never thought surfing would be an option at my age (54), but Sarah is such an inspiration and teaches with great skill, I was stoked in my first lesson. Thank you Sarah!

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Work Team Building - what a fantastic experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We decided to do something out of the ordinary for our annual office team building. The ladies from Stoked were really amazing and made us feel very comfortable in the water and with the board (as this was our first time EVER surfing). They started off by telling us exactly what they're going to teach us in the lesson and broke it up into 4 sections. This way you know exactly what to expect. We had so much fun and before we knew it, the lesson had ended, leaving us wanting more. I would definitely recommend this experience, whether you are a first time surfer or just looking to improve your style. We had so much fun and needless to say, left feeling super stoked. We will be back!!

Toronto, Canada
“Stoked for my first time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Coming to Cape Town for holiday I didn't know how amazing the surfing was, but once a friend told me about Stoked, I was excited to book a lesson. Fully mobile, Stoked picked me up at my hotel and we drove it to gorgeous Big Bay for a morning lesson. We had a lesson on the beach of surfing basics and then into the waves we went to give it a try. Sarah Jane was amazing at keeping tabs on all 5 of us and gave personal instruction to everyone. I felt like it was a private lesson.

Next time I'm in Cape Town I'd definitely book another lesson and would love to try one of the multi-day excursions.

These sisters have got an amazing surf school on their hands and they work hard for their students. Thanks ladies!

Visited October 2012
Cape Town
“Surfing adventure through the Garden Route = AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stoked School of Surf organised a 5 day trip down the garden route for us and a group of friends. We had the most amazing week and I'm now back in Cape Town, wishing we were still surfing and enjoying good times with the group. The trip was well organised, fluid in terms of arrangements and moving from place to place. The lessons on the trip were fun and safety was always put first in terms of which spots to surf at, tides, swell and general sea knowledge. We absolutely loved our trip and hope to do another with Stoked Surf School in the near future... hopefully to Madagascar! (hint hint)

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Stoked was the biznizzle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went on a 6 day surf tour along the east coast of South Africa and it was nothing short of insane! The coaches were top notch (some local champions) and the accommodation was amazing - right in the thick of the action. I highly recommend you do this.