“Pure fun, simple the best surf experience for all levels”

Stoked School of Surf Lessons & Surf Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a private surf class and had one of the best days of our entire trip. Michelle provided so much attention since the first contact. They choose the best beach for that day, not being restricted to a fixed one. That got us into a perfect day. They picked us at the hotel and it was a fun ride to the beach. I had some surf experience but my wife was new to it, and both of us had great fun. They provide all you need and also take in the water pictures of the action, no extra fees. I'd definitely do it again when back to Cape Town, and even better, do the surf trips they organize. A must do experience to "get stoked".

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My past attempts at surfing were dismal failures, alot of paddling and no rides. SJ, Michelle and the Stoked School of Surf changed all that in one morning. A short onshore lesson gave me a progression that led to success very quickly. As the lesson continued I was able to catch the wave, get up and get a ride. All of this in a fun and friendly atmosphere that made me want to learn more. Next time I come to South Africa I'm signing up for a multi-day trip!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

In 2012 Sept, I joined 5-days surfing trip organized by Stoked Surfing School. We made total 1,300km road trip in Cape Town along the coast to south, Jeffreys Bay. During the road trip, we visited many spots very spontaneously, winery, beautiful beaches, whale boat trip, nice local restaurants, etc. The trip was nothing commercialized, packaged and stressed but so alternative and unique, which made me so relaxed for the whole trip. The owner Michelle Davy is such friendly, warm, and reliable person, and also the great surfing coach and tour guide in Cape Town!! I'm 100% sure she will help you to make your trip amazing!! Dynamic nature, African European diversity, beautiful wine, chilled innocent people, Cape Town exposed me to some of the most delightful experience on the planet.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

During the four months that I lived in Cape Town I did a lot of surfing at Muizenberg. This is a great spot, but after a while I wanted to explore new and different beaches and share the surf experience with other people. That's why I decided to go on a 3day-Surftrip with Stoked! The surfspots Michelle took us were beautiful and hidden; perfect clean waves combined with white beaches, a blue see and almost no other people! There were various different boards you could use, and I learned a lot from the tips about my technique. The hostel we slept in was amazing, and because of the cold winter we also did some other things, for example wine tasting. Another great thing was that we got delicious (selfmade) food, where it was not a problem at all if you're gluten-or lactoseintolerant or a vegetarian. People of different countries and age represented the group, all very nice people which I kept seeing after the trip. It was great in many ways, one of my best memories of Cape Town!

1  Thank Lisette W
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have always wanted to learn how to surf and for a small town karoo boy like myself I was not sure how to make this dream possible. At the end of last year I moved to Cape Town and Stoked school of surf was the answer for me . Learning to surf with Stoked school of surf was a lot of fun and you get to surf at some of the best surf spots in Cape Town.

This was about 8 months ago that I went for the lessons and have been surfing ever since.
A few weeks ago I had an problem with my wetsuit and it needed to go in for repairs and I asked Michelle if she can help me with this. The next day the National Sales Manager phoned me and ensured me that he will personally take care of the matter. They Fixed my wetsuit an gave me a loan suit while they were busy working on mine.

It's evident that they have a great love for people and the ocean.